The jab .... Have you had it and have you had any after effects ?

Our work got jabbed (myself included). Most of us had serious lethargy the following day and a bit of a headache. One guy got worse and then had two days off.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's useful to have your NHS number with you. Saves the administrators a bit of time and cuts the queue time down, if there is one. Find it here:

ACAB

LE
I had my first one Friday. It was the AstraZenica jab and no worse than the flu jab.

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
This post is directed at those that have had the jab as a factual feedback and not intended as a vaxxers rant page ....

Edited to add : Polite reminder : It's in CA , not the NAAFI .

I had the first Pfizer jab on Thursday 25th Feb ( last week ) and for the past three days have felt a bit weak and tired and have not been sleeping well , but otherwise OK .

Which one one did you have and what , if any , after effects have you had ?
Pfizer on wed 24feb. Sore arm and woke up with a headache that lasted 3 days.
Legs were restless and itchy but I reckon that's because I ditched my very strong painkillers a month ago

My wife got her letter yesterday telling her to book. She hopped on the website to book where she got a message to the effect of "as you missed your first appointment you will have to book again". Rather annoying that she is down as a no-show, plus it's a slot that was missed, but it does make me wonder about the admin and where/how they think they notified her.

My wife got her letter yesterday telling her to book. She hopped on the website to book where she got a message to the effect of "as you missed your first appointment you will have to book again". Rather annoying that she is down as a no-show, plus it's a slot that was missed, but it does make me wonder about the admin and where/how they think they notified her.
Same happened to me because by the time I had entered my details for second appointment it had been assigned to someone else. This means your first appointment gets binned so you can book an appropriately separated pair. Nothing to worry about and not a wasted slot.

That'll be a local thing. Where I live the system seems to be a) On the ball, and as a result b) Ahead of schedule

Mrs Ancient is just back from having her second Pfizer jab this afternoon. She says her arm is sore and aches but other than that ? Just fine thanks.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Pfizer - 2 weeks ago, local Community Hall. (No 'test-card' danggit! )

Arm a bit stiff for coupla days, nothing else.

Then Wednesday gone, woke up with a headache, muscle pain in the backs of my legs ( which I put down to running after a 3 week lay-off ) and some weird bladder issue*.

Dosed with Paracetamol, slept.

Woke up ate, more ParaC, slept.

Woke up, went for a walk, ate dinner ,more Paracetamol, slept till 6 am next day.

Went to work Friday. Legs fine, bladder problem gone, slight headache.

Reported symptoms via Covid -ZOE study app....advised to get a test.

Booked online and attended drive-thru at IBM car park site.

Negative result by text this morning- hooh-ah. Back to work tmrw.

* Age-related prolly- us ould jossers always kno where the nearest loo is......Waitrose is fine.

* Age-related prolly- us ould jossers always kno where the nearest loo is......Waitrose is fine.
You have to tuck yourself discreetly into the corner by the fire door in ours, do it quietly, and scurry away real fast.

The nearest toilets are in the car park, closed for the C-19 future

dabber69

Clanker
Got mine Saturday, Astra Zenica. All OK till the evening then got the shivers like really bad flu with a hoofing headache. Pumped myself with Paracetamol and Ibuprofen shivers stopped on Sunday AM and this morning as right as rain.

Ayatollah

Old-Salt
The problems are social, People who refuse to have the shot and demask because they have had the shot. I have been told that even if you have the injections you can still be a carrier. And with the different strains emerging, I see myself wearing a mask and in self-quarantine for a long time to come.

Oxford AZ first jag on Friday, did a full shift Friday, Saturday and Sunday, felt a bit rough on Saturday and a bit tired on Sunday, was fine today. arm is a bit sensitive to touch, but I'm fine.