The Issue Black Deployment Bag

They are, unbelievably, a very good piece of kit. Far better than the deployment issue black rucksack which, after first impressions, is actually rather sh1te.

Mine is falling apart and i would never even think of buying one. But if your getting it issued then i guess its alright.

Its no where near good enough to use in the field but its ok to use out in civvie street as they were meant to be used.

gibboe.

iv got 3, 2 from deployments and one from someones diffy. and i dont use any of them much. good bit of kit, immediately IDs you as a squaddie tho so unless im in uniform i dont use it.

easy-wan-kenobi said:
iv got 3, 2 from deployments and one from someones diffy. and i dont use any of them much. good bit of kit, immediately IDs you as a squaddie tho so unless im in uniform i dont use it.
I was in Doncaster Train Station the other week picking my son up from Harrogate and there must of been at least 20+ young lads with them
All obviously from training. Must be watch and shoot, watch and shoot for the terrorists.

sorry if it seemed as if i was getting on a high horse.

where i currently am it pays to not ID yourself as a squaddie.

i know alot of people do it but its not necissarily right is it?

anyway... back to the thread.

good bit of kit, can be a pain when transferred into bergan mode as it sits lower than your arrse and bounces

sixty_three said:
Yes mate the large holdall which can convert into a Bergan
I think you are stretching your interpretaion of the word 'bergan'. What you mean is converts into something you can carry on your back. But a bergan it ain't!

The_IRON said:
[I was in Doncaster Train Station the other week picking my son up from Harrogate and there must of been at least 20+ young lads with them
All obviously from training. Must be watch and shoot, watch and shoot for the terrorists.
Alternatively the terrorist can just stand outside the gate at Harrogate and have the same effect.

We gave up "hiding" from terrorists in 1997 after the second PIRA ceasefire. We should be proud to serve, not ashamed.

gibboe said:
Its no where near good enough to use in the field but its ok to use out in civvie street as they were meant to be used.
gibboe.
Please explain to me when you would want to take a large black holdall into the field??? What part of the Army are you in for God's sake??

I think Gibboe probably meant the black daysack instead.

If the massive holdall is the same design as the one we're issued (about 120 litres, stowaway bergan straps, so it can be carried on the back), I've actually seen some knobbers using it in the field, mind you at least ours is in camo.

chimera said:
The_IRON said:
[I was in Doncaster Train Station the other week picking my son up from Harrogate and there must of been at least 20+ young lads with them
Alternatively the terrorist can just stand outside the gate at Harrogate and have the same effect.

We gave up "hiding" from terrorists in 1997 after the second PIRA ceasefire. We should be proud to serve, not ashamed.
I dont want to get into an arguement with you as I have been in lots of threads with you and agree with the vast ammounts of your comments. To think we dont have any threats with suicide bombers and other idiots who would like to cause havoc amongst training establishments is alarming. As a SNCO who has served 19 years I still check under my car and am aware of my surroundings in and out of work. The nature of where the location of the train station which incidentally where the July 7th bombers went through. If you are still serving you will also be aware of the current security alerts so yes I think it is a bit alarming that it is spot the squaddie at train stations still. That is why I have alerted my son to this, who is at Harrogate to be aware of situations and report anything out of character and not to stand out as a squaddie. We are both proud to serve.

chimera said:
gibboe said:
gibboe.
Please explain to me when you would want to take a large black holdall into the field??? What part of the Army are you in for God's sake??
chimera, please read my later comments before giving it large.

Gibboe

Squaddies stand out no matter where they are. Just sit for 10 minutes at Huston/Waterloo/Glasgow Central and you will spot a squaddie at 100 paces. Cannot be helped, it's just the way we are.

What you can do to eleviate the threat to yourself and those around you is be aware of your environment and assess any possible threat that may raise it's ugly head.

As for sucide bombers targeting recruits/trained soldiers at a trian station platform/underground, it's not as if you or I are going to stop some throbber going to valhalla for his 67 ginger virgins, is it?

Back on thread, the large black bags are the mutts nuts, hold more than you'd think and are very robust.