"The IRA Speak" Video

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Hard-Stop, Jan 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Another "request thread" from me...

I'm doing a bit of research into PIRA/CIRA/NIRA/I Can't Believe It's Not IRA and I've come across this video:

So far I've (sort of) worked out that it's from 1992... can anyone confirm that?

One thing that's really bugging me is the bit at 5:17. He mentions a British soldier being killed and another one being injured... and an RUC Inspector being injured the previous evening.

Now, I've found matching incidents, but not in the chronological order he states. Does anyone know what incidents he's talking about, as I'd really like to know the dates?

Cheers - Stoppie
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Interesting you mentioned that ambush I remember as a young Joe being shown the CCTV footage of the attack on the Sanger (?), the bit that makes me laugh is how having known about the attack and carrying out the appropriate actions against those responsable, they had the cheek to demand why we hadn't arrested the individuals before the event so they wouldn't get hurt effectively, mental.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. i always get pissed off when i see these bastards with a voice so seeing the ambush in the same year as he mentions his own attacks made my ******* day - all these years later.

ah well - back to my happy place again....
    • Like Like x 1
  4. IIRC they said the same after Loughgall. Necky twats.