The internet has failed me and I need help.

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by commission_impossible, Jun 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not sure if this is the best place to post, but here goes...

Some years ago I played a game called Waterloo: Napoleon's last battle. I always quite liked the music played over the main menu and spent a long time on Youtube a while ago, when reminded of it, to see if I could figure out what it was called. I couldn't find it for the life of me.

Then I watched Trooping the Colour the other day and bugger me if the mounted band didn't start playing it just before they reached horse guards. Another furious youtube/googling has yielded nothing.

BBC iPlayer - Trooping the Colour: 2013

25 mins 30 seconds in.

Does anyone know what this piece of music is called?
  2. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hohanfriebergur! I am extremely grateful. That has been bothering me for a decade!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru

Well I had no idea about the history of it, so I've also learned something!!
  5. Hoehenfreidburg is one of the Great Cavalry actions, with the battle won by a charge by the Bayreuth Dragoons Cuirassier Regiment "Queen" (Pomeranian) No. 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It is for them what Emsdorf is to the `15th Hussars

Here is a bit of film with words and english subtitles. Hohenfriedberger Marsch (English Subtitle) - YouTube

The British Army seems to use a lot of German tunes

The last time I attended a pass out parade in Pirbright the general salute played by the band of the REME was the German Presaentier marsch praesentiermarsch - YouTube
    • Like Like x 2