The Instrument of death

A humane act, to avoid further needless suffering being inflicted on listening audiences.
That would involve euthanising the suffering, ie the audience. Execution for crimes against humanity for the Talentless Twáts I feel.

Also as an example to deter those who think droning down a microphone in a monotonous working-class regional accent is music.

Get one of these guys. The job's a good 'un when that puppy fires up.
Victory Siren.JPG

Get one of these guys. The job's a good 'un when that puppy fires up.
View attachment 490313
One of my mates found a 24v AC siren (you could hold the thing comfortably in 2 hands, but it was LOOUUD!!) in the loft space of the Palace Barracks orrsifers mess :)

Sadly, no banjo-obsessed social maladroits being readily available in that premises, we had no option but to smuggle it under the bed of our mate the RSO, having first connected it to a 3-pin plug in a socket by the finder's bed in the room adjacent.

Set the alarm for 03:00, at which time mate reaches out of bed and flicks switch to "ON".

Sit back and await torrent of Anglo-Saxon expletives . . . . .

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
To quote George Formby "it's a uke".
no...these are ukes:

1595009225085.png

As played by Pete Townshend, George Harrison and ( an early adopter) one Jimi Hendrix.

More recently by the rather outrageously talented Taimane Gardner:

( yes it's a uke....she's just rigged a low G-string....ahem. Bizet, Tarrega,Bach.....and Lloyd-Webber...take yer pick)

Meanwhile, in a quiet corner of Cumbria

meh....Hayseed Dixie wannabees

What George Formby played was THE instrument of Utter Desolation - a BANJOLELE !

Last edited:
no...these are ukes:

View attachment 490458

As played by Pete Townshend, George Harrison and ( an early adopter) one Jimi Hendrix.

More recently by the rather outrageously talented Taimane Gardner:

( yes it's a uke....she's just rigged a low G-string....ahem. Bizet, Tarrega,Bach.....and Lloyd-Webber...take yer pick)

What George Formby played was THE instrument of Utter Desolation - a BANJOLELE !
Excellent given for Taimane Gardner.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Some of the Comments reflect the average uke player's view of her:

Satan: let me get this straight....you want to sell your soul for unearthly skills with what ?
Taimane: You heard me.

( Time & Motion students might take a look at 3:44...the red object attached to the headstock is a thumb-pick....left hand is holding down multiple notes , right hand is triple strumming , she's also singing along to Lloyd-Weber's weirdness....at which point she finds microseconds to remove the thumbpick, fit it and return to picking...without missing a beat...hmmmm)

Last edited:
I'm just gonna offer you this.

Which has far-call to do with Ukes, and that just has to be a good thing in the first place.

Ladies givin' it some wellie. globally:

I'm certainly gonna subscribe to The Snake Charmer - she is distinctly Something Else/A Force Of Nature :thumleft:

George Formby (I am reliably informed) played a bastard child of an instrument called the banjolele.

I've got a new neighbour , he's got a banjo, apparently half past ten at night is the ideal time to practice, should I kill him now or wait till I snap ( next week ) ?
I'm going to revisit this one with a suggestion to take up late-night throat singing.

And may be carried in the pocket and deployed at a moment's notice.

I would purchase one of these fine machines
I like the Rasputin rendition on this organ

Another one I like is this rendition of 'Smooth Criminal' as played on barrel organ. The guy seems to really getting into it.

Last edited:
Another one I like is this rendition of 'Smooth Criminal' as played on barrel organ. The guy seems to really getting into it.

Barrel Organ?

Barrel Organ?

We call it a Barrel Organ??​
When the bloody Frogs have it as "l'Orgue de Barbarie"?!?!?!?​
Cheese-us we are just sooo steeped in the mun-fvcking-dane, us Brits :roll:
. . . . barrel fvcking organ . . . . . . (wanders off, forlorn, muttering, shaking head, into the distance​

Latest Threads