The Instrument of death

Around 2003, some knobber on my estate insisted on playing one of them Ibiza Club Hits albums loud enough for us all to hear. I responded with this:

None of your wishy-washy, MTV-friendly pop-punk. Broken Bones are the real deal. Full-on hardcore brickwall Punk. I never actually found out which flat the fanny music was coming from, but they soon turned it down, so they could hear some real music. It's a shame they never made themselves known to me, cos they could have come with me and the lads to see Broken Bones when they later gigged at Hartlepool.
I have endeavoured to listen to your posted " Music" the main lyricist seems to have had an unfortunate accident with some heavy mining machinery, as his screams and tortured incomprehensible English really indicates a visit to an ICU. The noises that pose as melodious understandable sounds, that in the normal course of things conjure up mind scenes of peace and harmony, remind me of the RAF jet that flew at roof top height with its arse on fire, over us in Verden BAOR back in 77, and crashed into a row of houses, after ploughing through some high voltage power lines, same noise. I can fully understand you using this abomination as payback, however, would not a continuious loop of Barry manilow's greatest hits,, or Bernard manning whistling selected tracks from tubular bells suffice?

I do think that Tiny Tim singing" Tip toe through the tulips" is severely underrated.

I have endeavoured to listen to your posted " Music" the main lyricist seems to have had an unfortunate accident with some heavy mining machinery, as his screams and tortured incomprehensible English really indicates a visit to an ICU. The noises that pose as melodious understandable sounds, that in the normal course of things conjure up mind scenes of peace and harmony, remind me of the RAF jet that flew at roof top height with its arse on fire, over us in Verden BAOR back in 77, and crashed into a row of houses, after ploughing through some high voltage power lines, same noise. I can fully understand you using this abomination as payback, however, would not a continuious loop of Barry manilow's greatest hits,, or Bernard manning whistling selected tracks from tubular bells suffice?

I do think that Tiny Tim singing" Tip toe through the tulips" is severely underrated.
This post would make the clientele of the local Blue Oyster Bar refer to you as "that pooftah over there".

I will have you know that I have seen Broken Bones at many venues, from London Astoria, to Gateshead Black Bull, and places in Leeds, Brum, Blackpool, Morecambe, Hartlepool, Dudley to name but a few. They are the side project of a more famous band, Discharge, whom I have seen many times as well.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Dr Death

War Hero
I've got a new neighbour , he's got a banjo, apparently half past ten at night is the ideal time to practice, should I kill him now or wait till I snap ( next week ) ?
Just tell them you were only recently released from Broadmoor.*
And you just love to hear a musical instrument being played badly.
As it reminds you of the time you nearly murdered Banjo Bob for playing badly at a families day.
Perhaps start digging a shallow pit in the garden?

They will rightly think you are a nutter & either play more to annoy you or give up.

*Note: Other secure establishments are available.

Many years back, at the dawning of the first Mrs Maximus, the flat next door was owned by two of theose genetically challenged folk, usually refered to as the good fairy and the bad fairy. If one of their parties, involving some very odd and loud music, got too much I would turn my stereo speakers so that they touched the party wall, put on Bach's toccata and fugue at maximum and go down the pub. It worked.

I will have you know that I have seen Broken Bones at many venues, from London Astoria, to Gateshead Black Bull, and places in Leeds, Brum, Blackpool, Morecambe, Hartlepool, Dudley to name but a few. They are the side project of a more famous band, Discharge, whom I have seen many times as well.

Sewer bowel or military?..

Last edited:

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Bag pipes.
Played badly they are capable of igniting paranoid schizophrenia.
Having lived in the same block as 1 BW Pipes & Drums for 6 months, I can confirm. And so can I. Me too.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Once did a road trip with 2 Royals and a gunner into the "blue ridge mountains"

Ho Lee sh1t.....

Definitely less sophisticated than Cumbria and much more heavily armed.
they do however have spoons AND washboards. neither used for their intended purposes though.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My grandfather disliked the Boche so mother and uncle were sent to suck lemons in front of the German band

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
They are scandi’s iirc.
ill see your Steven seagulls though and raise you iron horse and rocket man.
u tube it. I believe even Elton the shirtlifter likes it.
they've been watching too many country and western channels then.

I wasn't aware cannibalism was common up there in santa land, nor grits and possum.

Latest Threads