The Instrument of death

JackSofty

War Hero
I've had this delivered this morning

Start up scheduled for 4am .

Since having found photographs (deeply archived oop North unfortunately) of a chap, pre Great War, racing a machine that consisted of a spindly motorcycle frame with an 8 cylinder, long stroke, radial aero engine mounted in it, it joined my long list of future projects, to be built when feasible, that are likely to kill me.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

O Zangado

War Hero
Or to paraphrase PG Wodehouse, "The definition of a true gentleman is a person that can play the banjo but refrains from doing so".
On a recent broadcast of "I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Clue", host Jack Dee reported that resident pianist Colin Sell

had been unable to continue with his forthcoming banjo recitals because he had left the instrument in a taxi and that a well meaning member of the public refused to hand it in.

OZ

ETA If you can't play an instrument, a recording of authentic didgeridoo music played very loudly works wonders.

Last edited:
forget the instrument of death, anyone who knew The Snail will have been aware of

1594298567571.png

I'm not bad on the guitar and for a few years have quite fancied adding a banjo and a mandolin to the list. Banjos are great in the right hands, you bunch of tin-eared Palestinians.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
You'll all be pleased to know that I've forgotten how to play my banjo.

This is excellent news, it means you'll be able to start learning to piss people off all over again. :-D xx

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
These young ladies almost make them sound like a musical instrument. Or I might have been distracted, either one.

The red hot chilli pipers are accompanied by the red hot chilli dancers.

I spent a couple of weeks in a mountain chalet in Norway with a Scots Guards officer who played the banjo.
Whose banjo were they strumming?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

JackSofty

War Hero
ETA If you can't play an instrument, a recording of authentic didgeridoo music played very loudly works wonders.
Dangerous.
Strike up 'Sun arise early in the mornin','
!!Knock, knock!!
'Yes?'
'Mr. R. Harris Sir?'
'Sh*t.'

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Latest Threads