The Instrument of death

Take up the piano accordion - it's the noise of champions.

I once had the choice to learn the accordion or study for my Finals. I ended up with a decent degree and very little in the way of musical proficiency - which was odd because I chose to learn the instrument.

I still get nostalgic when I hear 'Ladies of Spain' played very badly.
04F8F7EC-0238-4522-91C3-C8FA155DFB81.jpeg

The old joke about piobaireachd is "You know you're playing well if the judge is falling asleep"

This balloon knot in Edinburgh who has hooked his pipes up to an air compressor is my all time favourite for bad piping.
For the love of God, someone put it out of its misery.

Last edited:
The old joke about piobaireachd is "You know you're playing well if the judge is falling asleep"

This balloon knot in Edinburgh who has hooked his pipes up to an air compressor is my all time favourite for bad piping.
That is fucking vile.

"It must be disheartening work learning a musical instrument. You would think that Society, for its own sake, would do all it could to assist a man to acquire the art of playing a musical instrument. But it doesn’t!"

- Jerome K. Jerome

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My father used to practice his bagpipes on his boat.
He would be down in the cabin where he cold hear the chanter, however he would stick the drones out a hatch so that the rest of the marina could hear them!

My father used to practice his bagpipes on his boat.
He would be down in the cabin where he cold hear the chanter, however he would stick the drones out a hatch so that the rest of the marina could hear them!

I hope he tuned them first?

triggerigger

War Hero
I had a neighbour living illegally sub letting next door who would put the manic street preachers on sunday afternoon and play along on a set of drums for 2 hrs minimum. Every sunday. A banged on the wall , rung his door, banged on the window but he would never ever stop or answer the door at any time. I only ever got a glimpse of him because he would be out of his front door and in his car and gone in about 7 seconds flat. Utter twat.
Should have screwed his door shut from
The outside while he was doing it

He’s a musician. He has a great talent. You should take up dancing. Invite some friends around. Become famous for your endless late night parties. Think of the ladies you’ll meet. Or the guys? Take a positive attitude to what’s keeping you awake all night and stop whining.

Last edited:
I have an old friend who is learning to play the bagpipes. He lives in London.

Fortunately I do not... :)

I've got a new neighbour , he's got a banjo, apparently half past ten at night is the ideal time to practice, should I kill him now or wait till I snap ( next week ) ?
Visit him and share a bottle of wine, listen to his banjo playing and engage in general chit-chat.

Then feed his penis into your hungry anus and mouth.

The best bag pipe choon to play for your neighbor.

I tried to persuade the Pipes and drums of 1 KOSB to learn that. it would have been awesome when they played with the Para band

It would have made Minden Day more fun*

*mind you so would being stabbed in the eye.

Chef

LE
"It must be disheartening work learning a musical instrument. You would think that Society, for its own sake, would do all it could to assist a man to acquire the art of playing a musical instrument. But it doesn’t!"

- Jerome K. Jerome
My first thoughts on reading this thread was 'Three men in a boat'

In fact just read that while the playing's going on, it's very funny.

My first thoughts on reading this thread was 'Three men in a boat'

In fact just read that while the playing's going on, it's very funny.
According to Kipling (Rudyard, not the exceedingly good cake chap), the British Army used to take their banjos on Ops in the days before MP3players , Walkmans, etc..

. The Song of the Banjo by Rudyard Kipling | Poetry Foundation

I think this splendid tradition should be revived. I feel I was negligent in failing to pack banjos and ukuleles into comfort packages for those who served in Afghanistan or Iraq.

Chef

LE
According to Kipling (Rudyard, not the exceedingly good cake chap), the British Army used to take their banjos on Ops in the days before MP3players , Walkmans, etc..

. The Song of the Banjo by Rudyard Kipling | Poetry Foundation

I think this splendid tradition should be revived. I feel I was negligent in failing to pack banjos and ukuleles into comfort packages for those who served in Afghanistan or Iraq.
Excellent plan Major, imagine the natives when they have to face up to our brave boys at full chat: