The (Insert nationality here) military hardware trolling thread. Comments are required with initial post or will be deleted

I suspect that if it provides them with the capabilities to support their ambitions, they don't care.

Regards,
MM
If the copy is 50% as effective as the original and they build 3 x as many, we're in the s**t and I'd be surprised if the copy isn't more like 85% as good.

If the copy is 50% as effective as the original and they build 3 x as many, we're in the s**t and I'd be surprised if the copy isn't more like 85% as good.
I’d be very surprised if they approached that standard although, like Russian aircraft, Chinese assets need to be seen in the broader context of how they employ SAMs and other systems.

One of the biggest factors however is training. A good example there is the Falklands where Argentina had far greater numbers of what in many cases were superior aircraft to the Sea Harrier. However, it was the superior training of RN and RAF aircrew which prevailed.

In that respect, the Chinese have a lot to learn.

Regards,
MM

One of the biggest factors however is training. A good example there is the Falklands where Argentina had far greater numbers of what in many cases were superior aircraft to the Sea Harrier. However, it was the superior training of RN and RAF aircrew which prevailed.
Interesting interpretation, the fact the Argentinians were flying at virtually maximum range and we were not didn't significantly impact the issue then.
In that respect, the Chinese have a lot to learn.
A bit like the Russians in WW2 then.

Interesting interpretation, the fact the Argentinians were flying at virtually maximum range and we were not didn't significantly impact the issue then...
Some of their aircraft were at maximum range but their A-4s and SuEs were able to tank.
Range was certainly a factor for the Argentines but had the positions been reversed and UK aircrew had been flying Mirage III, Daggers, A-4s and SuEs from the mainland against Argentine flown SHARS and GR3s from Argentine CVs, I have no doubt we'd still have prevailed.

Their aircrew were brave but they were tactically very poor and had equally questionable operational plans.

...A bit like the Russians in WW2 then.
The difference being that they enjoyed the 'strategic depth' of time and an enormous territory to withdraw into and extend German and Japanese LoCs while they learned. That may not be a luxury Beijing would enjoy against the US.

Regards,
MM

Last edited:
Interesting interpretation, the fact the Argentinians were flying at virtually maximum range and we were not didn't significantly impact the issue then.
A bit like the Russians in WW2 then.
A bit like the Septic Raptors (and other planes) will fly from Guam to take part in the "Battle for Taiwan", if Okinawa's base will be wiped out by Chines missiles.

Yes, engines are one of problems there. But here they are already with engines:
View attachment 358539
They're entirely different aircraft types, half of which appear to still be in their primer so are therefore non-operational (even if they have mission systems fitted).

Separately, is there any chance you could actually offer any form of analysis or comment whatsoever other than merely burning up bandwidth with random images of aircraft parked on ramps and links to Chinese propaganda and airshows?

@ugly

Is there anyway this particular Russian/Chinese troll can have a shot across his bows please?

Regards,
MM

Chinese planes just fall apart after a little bit of use - they may be cheap but you end up buying more of them. Buy decent quality woodworking tools.

Hélicoptère interarmées léger, version from Airbus Helicopter - H160. Pretty, may be, even delitious, if it will be so good, as Frenches want.
SAVE_20181023_195245.jpeg

Pretty close helicopter!!

Saw better than this on top of Mt Byron in the Falklands in 1983.

Nighttime, fog or more likely low cloud cover, vis was about 2m. We needed a casevac.

I walked out just as the Navy Sea King came in.

The “loadie”? Hanging out the side guiding as the pilot seemed to “ bounce” the heli across the barbed wire across to the landing pad. Missing all the porta cabins, radar and antennas. Fucc know how. Superb flying by all in the crew.

BD83E39E-4BC8-4F39-AB4C-2BF00BB42E10.jpeg

I think this is quite a pretty helicopter even if it was delayed by a day due to weather.
This must be the most northerly land based helipad in the UK as I’m guessing Out Stack in the background doesn’t have one.

Raven2008

On ROPS
On ROPs
Not sure why the PLAAF thread has been locked, as I was going to add my photos from last year's Paris Airshow 2017 of the CAIG Wing Loong II UCAV. The Wing Loong is one of a series of CAIG (Chengdu Aircraft Design Institute) MALE (Medium Altitude Long Endurance) UAV a.k.a the Chengdu Pterodactyl. Anyhow the WIng Loong II has just entered service with PLAAF (this month?)

Cheers

Not sure why the PLAAF thread has been locked...
I think it’s because of the constant trolling posts by the OP of links to various Chinese and Russian websites without any further comment.

Regards,
MM

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Infantry 2
Kromeriz The NAAFI Bar 53
supermatelot ARRSE: Site Issues 6