The (Insert nationality here) military hardware trolling thread. Comments are required with initial post or will be deleted

In this thread I suggest to discuss about news of Chines Airforce.
Just for start:
SAVE_20180724_155317.jpeg

First time spotted: J-10C with the cruise missile KD-88. Earlier J-11B and JH-7 were spotted with it.

1. Can the Chinese aerospace industry do quality to Western standards - I am thinking of AS9100 as well as ISO9001 and others?

2. If much of their technology is misappropriated from the West, how are our security awareness people and IT security meeting the challenge of state sponsored industrial espionage?

1. Can the Chinese aerospace industry do quality to Western standards - I am thinking of AS9100 as well as ISO9001 and others?

2. If much of their technology is misappropriated from the West, how are our security awareness people and IT security meeting the challenge of state sponsored industrial espionage?
Well, if it is built to the same standards as the Chinese blue tooth car transmitter I just returned to Amazon, I for one will not be overly worried.

Yes probably, if they have to for domestic consumption. Think of it as similar to wine where the French and Germans only export the crap - same with Chinese exports where the gwailo buyers batter the price down so the Chinese sell them the appropriate crap.

Obviously badly.

Well, if it is built to the same standards as the Chinese blue tooth car transmitter I just returned to Amazon, I for one will not be overly worried.
Think of it as similar to wine where the French and Germans only export the crap - same with Chinese exports where the gwailo buyers batter the price down so the Chinese sell them the appropriate crap.
I get the impression that the really cheap Chinese electronic stuff on Amazon etc is stuff that didn't pass testing and has been lifted from the bin.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Infantry 2
Kromeriz The NAAFI Bar 53
supermatelot ARRSE: Site Issues 6