The increase of shitposting on ARRSE.

Slime

LE
I’m not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but after seeing some posters unaware of the modern phrase ‘side hustle’ I thought it might be a good idea to explain the modern phrases shitposter, or shitposting (I can already see how that can go wrong :) ).

To reference this a serial shitposter on ARRSE is 184461.

Shiposting is a specific style of posting, so refers to him posting lots of copy and paste articles. repeatedly posting the same articles. posting lengthy texts of other people’s opinions to swamp a thread. It’s worth noting 118 very very rarely types BELLINGCAT but does type WIKILEAKS.
Instead of typing BELLINGCAT he will type BALLBAG, but he is happy to post pics of copy and pasted texts showing BELLINGCAT as because they are photos they won’t link him to BELLINGCAT (obviously they will to Wikileaks as he types that himself).

In many threads his copy and past links don’t even say the things he says they say, or are deliberately cropped to mislead.
But they still swamp the thread.

It also goes without saying that he rarely ever actually discusses any point, and is simply saying his version of events, this was most notable in the Manchester arena bomb thread where he said there had never been a bomb, it was all a hoax and he knew more than the people directly involved in the bombing, or those who dealt with the aftermath.........despite them having first hand knowledge, and him never having been there.

It goes without saying that he knows more about the Skripal affair than the Skripals, the police, the U.K. government and the other countries the U.K. shared its evidence with. :) Again, he has no first hand knowledge of the event, but says those that do are wrong.

He also said the original Westminster bridge attack was fake or staged.
For a bigger and worldwide known event he also denied the Jewish holocaust in WW2 happened as ‘Western people’ are taught. with him its always the case that the U.K., USA or West are in the wrong.

Slime

LE
This is a podcast from the WAR COLLEGE series of podcasts. they have some interesting guests and cover a wide variety of military related subjects.

This is their take on shitposting.

I’m not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but after seeing some posters unaware of the modern phrase ‘side hustle’ I thought it might be a good idea to explain the modern phrases shitposter, or shitposting (I can already see how that can go wrong :) ).

Shiposting is a specific style of posting, so refers to him posting lots of copy and paste articles. repeatedly posting the same articles. posting lengthy texts of other people’s opinions to swamp a thread. It’s worth noting 118 very very rarely types BELLINGCAT but does type WIKILEAKS.
Instead of typing BELLINGCAT he will type BALLBAG, but he is happy to post pics of copy and pasted texts showing BELLINGCAT as because they are photos they won’t link him to BELLINGCAT (obviously they will to Wikileaks as he types that himself).

In many threads his copy and past links don’t even say the things he says they say, or are deliberately cropped to mislead.

It also goes without saying that he rarely ever actually discusses any point, and is simply saying his version of events, this was most notable in the Manchester arena bomb thread where he said there had never been a bomb, it was all a hoax and he knew more than the people directly involved in the bombing, or those who dealt with the aftermath.........despite them having first hand knowledge, and him never having been there.

It goes without saying that he knows more about the Skripal affair than the Skripals, the police, the U.K. government and the other countries the U.K. shared its evidence with. :) Again, he has no first hand knowledge of the event, but says those that do are wrong.

For a bigger and worldwide known event he also denied the Jewish holocaust in WW2 happened as ‘Western people’ are taught. with him its always the case that the U.K., USA or West are in the wrong.
Summary: Posters a cnut.

Slime

LE
Summary: Posters a cnut.
I just wanted to explain the phrase, as I seem to have typed it quite a bit recently :)
Its a definite ‘thing’ rather than just being someone with different politics or following a different football team etc :)
Its all about closing down proper discussion or making threads unreadable.

The fact the named poster has a ‘Russian troll’ banner simply identifies what agenda he shitposts for.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
The more important question I'd be asking is (and don't take this personally as it's a universal question), why do people respond to shitposters?

Like most sites, ARRSE has it's fair share of loonies. 118, skylog, Earth, Maalox, Greyfox etc along with some of old, Blondebint, Flashbang/Mk4No1, Shibusa etc.

If people would ignore them, two things would happen:

1. They get bored quickly and move on the the next site who appears to respond to them (negative attention is still attention).

2. It makes it far more easier to moderate and get rid of an unwanted troll. Tagging these lunatics into threads then reporting them because you didn't like their response is the equivalent of whingeing about getting paint on the arse of your jeans because you ignored the wet paint sign on the park bench.

And despite the so-called intelligence of the members of this site, I sense they will somehow be unable to help themselves from posting regardless.

I just wanted to explain the phrase, as I seem to have typed it quite a bit recently :)
Its a definite ‘thing’ rather than just being someone with different politics or following a different football team etc :)

The fact the named poster has a ‘Russian troll’ banner simply identifies what agenda he shitposts for.
I was referring to your subject, not to you.

There are a few on here with the Russian Troll descriptor, which I find extremely helpful, as it means I don’t have to waste any time wading through their posts!

Slime

LE
The more important question I'd be asking is (and don't take this personally as it's a universal question), why do people rsdpond to shitposters?

Like most sites, ARRSE has it's fair share of loonies. 118, skylog, Earth, Maalox, Greyfox etc along with some of old, Blondebint, Flashbang/Mk4No1, Shibusa etc.

If people would ignore them, two things would happen:

1. They get bored quickly and move on the the next site who appears to respond to them (negative attention is still attention).

2. It makes it far more easier to moderate and get rid of an unwanted troll. Tagging these lunatics into threads then reporting them because you didn't like their response is the equivalent of whingeing about getting paint on the arse of your jeans because you ignored the wet paint sign on the park bench.

And despite the so-called intelligence of the members of this site, I sense they will somehow be unable to help themselves from posting regardless.
Not responding to some trolls is a smart move. Whether to respond to a proper shitposter is more tricky imho. Many of them aren’t shitposting for fun, or just to pass the time of day.

What shitposters don’t like is not being quoted, or not being replied to by name or using the reply function.

Many shitposters (all across the internet) have very specific posting rules, they may need to use a specific VPN when replying to posts, nay need to be ‘name checked‘ in a reply, or nay need a direct quote or direct reply to their posts.

As an example, a shitposter could be one person or multiple people typing under the same avatar, or could be a freelance shitposter able to post from their own home at hours to suit them, but their payments (if paid, depend completely on direct replies).

One shitposter on ARRSE stopped getting ‘direct replies’ or replies mentioning by name and was complaining to other posters within 24 hours, and asking if other posters direct reply functions had broken.

The other thing with shitposters is that if they post up a ‘made up’ fact on a site like ARRSE and it is not rebutted or the correct info given the shitposter can and will later use that ‘made up’ fact on another site and quote us as ‘fact’ as the ’military experts‘ on ARRSE agree with it. That‘s nonsense, but is what happens.

While most of us can spot the shitposters a mile off, the ARRSE posters aren’t the only people who read the forums, this applies to all open and public forums, and whatever an ARRSE poster (or any site poster) types can be read by anyone. For this reason ARRSE and other sites don’t allow certain things to be posted, not only to avoid offending that sites posters, but to avoid the site itself breaching wider rules, or being seen as responsible for hosting those views.

The above covers shitposting in general, and not just related to ARRSE, or even U.K. websites.
Shitposting, as opposed to simple trolling is a new and expanding phenomena.

The whole subject is quite interesting to follow, the only sad part is that while Americans are treated to fake Russian accounts showing profile pics of attractive woman, with posting ‘addresses’ in California, here in the UK we get the ‘single bloke sat in his pants’ profiles :)

Slime

LE

Maybe he's trying to wake you up, open your eyes to The Truth, offering you the red pill to escape this consensus reality Matrix. Maybe he's trying to free your mind.

Do your research, friend. Join the dots.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Open your eyes! Don't be one of the sheeple! I mean, who among us hasn't uncovered a vast conspiracy, overlooked by Government and intelligence services, while sitting in our underpants in a bed-sit complete with Bacofoil TM hat?

Slime

LE
Maybe he's trying to wake you up, open your eyes to The Truth, offering you the red pill to escape this consensus reality Matrix. Maybe he's trying to free your mind.

Do your research, friend. Join the dots.
Who knows, maybe that’s the plan :)
The only issue is that some of the ‘mind’ things go against what I already had first hand experience of, and had seen with my own eyes..........as had others I know. :)

Slime

LE
Open your eyes! Don't be one of the sheeple! I mean, who among us hasn't uncovered a vast conspiracy, overlooked by Government and intelligence services, while sitting in our underpants in a bed-sit complete with Bacofoil TM hat?
You go first, but please, no pics of you in your pants!
:)

OK so you've read my CV.
Do I get the job?

I notice that the thread asking if British forces served in Vietnam is in the Arrse Hole forum. I didn't notice it there previously. Was it moved because of a shitposter? If so, then recent posts about RN Clearance Diving Teams in Vietnam may justify putting it in another forum.

Slime

LE
I notice that the thread asking if British forces served in Vietnam is in the Arrse Hole forum. I didn't notice it there previously. Was it moved because of a shitposter? If so, then recent posts about RN Clearance Diving Teams in Vietnam may justify putting it in another forum.
I had been reading that too.
Some posters were complaining about someone asking about his merchant navy dad.
I suggested the chap start a new thread as his enquiry wasn’t about someone in the forces, but about a merchant seaman.

I only saw the chap speaking about his dad, nothing remotely like shitposting.

I had been reading that too.
Some posters were complaining about someone asking about his merchant navy dad.
I suggested the chap start a new thread as his enquiry wasn’t about someone in the forces, but about a merchant seaman.

I only saw the chap speaking about his dad, nothing remotely like shitposting.
He refuses to accept the view that his Dad was unlikely to have been conducting close target recce of the VC with some mysterious SOF/CIA SADSOG type group after being plucked from a bar by members of the aforementioned mysterious group who thought he was just the chap to join them despite his having no military training whatsoever...

As a result, the thread has been sadly derailed and holed.

*Russian Troll*

(The int cell? That's where you put your cry for help? lol)

Now is there seriously no limit to how much you enjoy embarrassing yourself?

Getting the gang in because you are absolutely hopeless at defending the line you've taken and are completely blind to everything other than what you're told to believe is a desperate act from a desperate kid.

Never forget...'Never go full retard'.
It only makes you look desperate and moronic...Just like our boy here.

You couldn't argue your way out of a wet paper bag.

I'm not going to be wasting my time on your thread.
I'll be back over on the thread that shows how the French, British and Americans false-flagged Douma and the 'neutral' OPCW doctored their reports to justify FUKUS's illegal act.

Latest Threads