The inappopriately named "Athlete's Foot"

I had foot lurgy on and off for about 15 years and generally used the issued creams and powders until it disappeared. Then one day, on a course in the Czech republic after I left the Army, I managed to catch Lyme disease. Luckily the doctor back in Belgium spotted it tout de suite and gave me three weeks worth of mega anti-biotics. That was eight years ago and I have never had athletes' foot since.

So if you want to get rid of that horrible itch; first move to Belgium, go to the Czech Republic, catch Lyme disease, get anti-biotics. Simple!

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
I got some stuff called Lamasil Once from Boots and it was brilliant. NHS gave me some Lamasil cream but that was not nearly as good.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
You must be getting (checks thread) hacked off with the amount of abuse you get across all sorts of forums criticising your personal hygiene.

I think you are fragrant.

Well my right foot hygiene must be gleaming! As it's only ever the left foot affected.

Also itchy blisters sometimes on sole of foot (?dishydrotic eczema) again left foot only, never right!

Any explanations?

Three effective treatments:

Use a microfibre cloth when washing. Use all over and particularly on feet.

Vicks Vapour rub (other brands also available) contains Menthol, Camphor and eucalyptus which are effective against fungal infections. Apply generously and let it work overnight.

Borax powder. Sprinkle lightly in socks and shoes. Add to water to make a weak solution and wash your feet with it.

And as a bonus fourth treatment...

Potassium Permanganate. Add a tiny, tiny amount to water to make an effective solution for feet washing. This is effective against a range of foot problems such as trench foot.

I heard that olive oil can be good, there's also no known record of athletes foot in the Roman world in spite of all their baths.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
As athlete's foot is caused by excessive moisture in the affected area, can wimmin get athlete's clopper? Asking for a friend.

Three effective treatments:

Use a microfibre cloth when washing. Use all over and particularly on feet.

Vicks Vapour rub (other brands also available) contains Menthol, Camphor and eucalyptus which are effective against fungal infections. Apply generously and let it work overnight.

Borax powder. Sprinkle lightly in socks and shoes. Add to water to make a weak solution and wash your feet with it.

And as a bonus fourth treatment...

Potassium Permanganate. Add a tiny, tiny amount to water to make an effective solution for feet washing. This is effective against a range of foot problems such as trench foot.
I remember Potassium Permanganate was commonly used and was going to suggest it. Iodine solution is another one. Another option is Tea Tree gel applied directly or Tea Tree oil - sometimes it's recommended to dilute it rather than apply directly.

She can also use it to rinse her mouth out after a bit of dental surgery-based nookie role-play.

Are you thinking of the Macc Lads "Apprentice Dentist?"
No. But I can imagine it might use similar subject matter to Creaming Jesus's "Bloody Collar."