The importance of good internal comms

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Oct 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. 'It is a matter of good sense to solicit opinions at all levels in a company. There is a mass of great talent in every business being wasted usually because of rigid job definitions and a reluctance to accept that even machine operators have something to contribute. Something to contribute? More often than not they know far more about what is happening at shop floor level than do the management and they want to contribute.'

I have no doubt whatsoever that all those involved in SDSR from the Governent and the MOD downwards applied this principle to inform their deliberations......

?

3. Well, to give them their due they did give us an opportunity to comment to the team. Mine went along the lines that it was a waste of time because the estimate had been very solidly situated when Fox announced the likely size of the cuts BEFORE the review.

4. You were lucky....deafening silence on consultation fom my end.

5. Have come across more "I'm the boss so I know best" in civilian organizations than I ever did in the army, though I'm thinking here about nitty-gritty practical stuff, not the rarefied spheres of defence policy.

6. I even received a reply:

Dear Quiller,

Thank you for your comments on the Defence input to the Strategic Defence and Security Review.
    I will ensure that your views are seen by the team coordinating this work within the MOD.
    Yours Sincerely