The Implementation Thread.

Britain now needs to forget the Blairite tendency to do everything on the cheap and set up a proper border control system with a stand alone Customs service. BY my calculations we could do that by reallocations between BF and HMR but we will still need more people to take on the eventualities. What is essential is that both Border and Customs come out of the ambit of the HO and can in fact become a proper service again capable at WTO level. However it may be necessary to split the borders back into HMI and customs because their functions are distinct and it is far too complex for one minister to cover the whole lot. Oh an one other thing, there was always provision for the use of armed services to assist, those of you on here who have done drugs blockading work know that. It is in some respects part of defence work.

Oh an one other thing, there was always provision for the use of armed services to assist, those of you on here who have done drugs blockading work know that. It is in some respects part of defence work.
Military Aid to the Civil Authorities ( MACA )

Get the Navy on Ports

Get the Air Force on Airports

Get the Army backing both up with muscle.

Until such times as a robust Civilian Authority are fully trained and manned.

Perlease, besides...…….

The Navy for boarding yachts and vessels at sea before berthing and for rummage certainly. Local TA could always augment as searchers and baggage handling. It's grunty work. On my team There was me ( ex Sigs) and one Ex Booty who were prepared to do bags plus one or two other, the rest were a bit to worried about their manicures. Laugh a minute.

. "My word is my bond" is the most flexible and efficient way to do business!

...where did it all go?
Down the pan, along with integrity. I think it was david cameron, when being asked about the expenses scandal after it had been exposed, saying that had been dealt with. IIRC, 4/5(?) scapegoats were put on trial, whilst the rest of them "had made a mistake." If I'm ever up before the beak for anything, I wonder if that defence would be extended to me?

Get the Navy on Ports

Until such times as a Civilian company have sucessfully underbid the rest .

Edited for reality

Get the Navy on Ports

Until such times as a robust Civilian Authority are fully trained and manned.
Well before that. Customs Commissions give power to direct military and civilians as needed

"The industry's assumption is that the checks will be done in Great Britain on exit rather than in Ireland or Northern Ireland.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said in December there would not be any checks for goods travelling from Northern Ireland to Great Britain under his Brexit deal.

He told Sky News at the time that a leaked Treasury analysis document was "wrong" to suggest this would be the case."

"In a possible scenario of no trade deal, the ports would require space to house officials from government to protect the border. "So we would have to start to introduce that infrastructure and someone needs to fund it. We require also the government to come to the table and play their part in the funding."

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Mate has an Eire passport, Border Force will get the nod about him, he would enjoy the rubber glove treatment.
As for Leo the Irish PM he has an election coming up needs to remember stiff Boris one and we might decide to withdraw the money incentives we give to UK to Ireland ferries & in future they can go from St Malo only.

Who gets stiffed now Leo?

NSP

LE
Mate has an Eire passport, Border Force will get the nod about him, he would enjoy the rubber glove treatment.
As for Leo the Irish PM he has an election coming up needs to remember stiff Boris one and we might decide to withdraw the money incentives we give to UK to Ireland ferries & in future they can go from St Malo only.

Who gets stiffed now Leo?
He was stiffing us as a "small country" earlier.

He needs to look at a map and see how much larger we are than his speck on the atlas, geographically. Then he needs to see how much larger and thrusting our economy is than his (have you paid back that big bail-out we chucked you a few years ago, Leo?).

Then he needs to take a history lesson and look at for how many centuries this "small country" controlled the world's oceans (and thus trade routes), how much of its landmass it controlled and for how long it held his piss-ant country under the end of its riding crop (let's face it, this "small country's" Empire didn't need anything bigger to hold down Ireland - like its colonial jackboot).

Then there is the nuclear arsenal, permanent seat on the UNSC, having an army large enough to actually warrant MBTs on inventory, a navy with actual ocean-going war canoes and submarines, and being fifth on the 2018 World Bank GDP index against RoI's thirty-first place.

They've given us the IRA (Originals), the scourge of the pikey and horseburgers.

"Small country," my arse! The prick...

Last edited:
With the Irish election and Sinn Feins border poll, red line demand for propping up an Irish government and the feeling of Leo continuously sticking the boot into Unionism.. I could see the GFA becoming null and void.
well SF is the only majority party that wants a border poll and no one wants to go into Government

The EU are adamant that there will be regulatory checks.. Bojo day's no, no, never.. One of them is lying.
and both have agreed to it so which one do you think is lying?

Tut-tut
Er, wrong!
Finally, if the UK and EU-27 do not agree on an FTA by the end of the transition period, Great Britain will fall into a “no deal” situation but with the possibility that Northern Ireland remains (and agrees to stay) under the Northern Ireland backstop. While a “no deal” for Great Britain would have a huge impact, the possibility of Northern Ireland staying within the backstop would produce an enormously complex outcome in trade between Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

It isn't set in stone.
Oh yes it is until Stormont votes to remove itself

well SF is the only majority party that wants a border poll and no one wants to go into Government

and both have agreed to it so which one do you think is lying?

Oh yes it is until Stormont votes to remove itself
It isn't and how would Storming remove itself in telling the EU to bugger off?

Last edited:

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Ah, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist? (asked of me once by a NI civpop)
Protestant Athiest..

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Just heard Hillary Ben being all negative and saying how we will struggle to get any deal.
What we definitely need now are people who will do their utmost to deal sensibly with Europe. Boris reckons he will unite the nation. He won't, but if we can get to next year with something resembling a decent deal, we can finally move on. Lots of work to do and you just know that certain MPs and certain parts of the media will do their utmost to spoil it for everyone.
Anyway we'll all be dead from coronavirus by this time next year!
In the meantime there will need to be some Brexit sweeteners in the Budget or Spring Statement.

Ah, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist? (asked of me once by a NI civpop)
I remember when I was about 10 or 11 and me and 3 mates were walking from the Newtonards Rd, East Belfast over to Shaftesbury Sq in the City Centre then up past Queens Uni to the Ulster Museum for the day. We got to the top of the Donegall Pass and 3 fella's, 18+, shouted across the road, asking were we Prods or Taigs..

We hadn't a clue, what we were even though we came from the biggest Unionist area in Northern Ireland. We talked together and shouted over we think we're Prods.. lucky guess and saved ourselves a kicking.

Went to walk back past Central Station on the way home, over the Albert Bridge and past the Short Strand.. fcuked into the back of a paddy wagon parked up on a traffic island and dropped home.. crowd of fcukers in the Short strand waiting to jump us.

I still never had a clue really about the troubles going on around me, until my school taught me about the UVF, Home Rule, Easter Rising and the Somme etc etc, when I was 14 a couple of years later. My parents kept me away from the conflict, whilst the state imprinted it in me in school lol.

Latest Threads