The Implementation Thread.

So you should be. Didn't you realise Johnson threw the DUP under the bus?
I knew he'd stuffed us on the Withdrawl Agreement, I was just under the impression that a WTO Brexit later in the year would lead to the Withdrawl Agreement being useless.

With the Irish election and Sinn Feins border poll, red line demand for propping up an Irish government and the feeling of Leo continuously sticking the boot into Unionism.. I could see the GFA becoming null and void.

Foot stamping

don’t you rather silly Prods realise the border in the Irish Sea is a big hint you ain’t got a future with ‘Great Britain’...
you May think you are ‘British’, but the British don’t and by And large can’t wait to see the back of a Northern Ireland.

I suspect it’s a BINO - Border in name only.
The EU are adamant that there will be regulatory checks.. Bojo day's no, no, never.. One of them is lying.

Tut-tut
Er, wrong!
Finally, if the UK and EU-27 do not agree on an FTA by the end of the transition period, Great Britain will fall into a “no deal” situation but with the possibility that Northern Ireland remains (and agrees to stay) under the Northern Ireland backstop. While a “no deal” for Great Britain would have a huge impact, the possibility of Northern Ireland staying within the backstop would produce an enormously complex outcome in trade between Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

It isn't set in stone.

don’t you rather silly Prods realise the border in the Irish Sea is a big hint you ain’t got a future with ‘Great Britain’...
you May think you are ‘British’, but the British don’t and by And large can’t wait to see the back of a Northern Ireland.
I'm not a Prod ******** for a start.
Considering your an Irish history lecturer on top of your other fields of expertise... Do you as an Irish gypo cnut, not realise, that we will identify as how we wish, reside where we wish and have never allowed anyone to ride roughshod over us.

The EU are adamant that there will be regulatory checks.. Bojo day's no, no, never.. One of them is lying.
there may be, but where will these checks be done? The EU can’t enforce anything in NI or GB, it can only ever be done in Ireland, if the UK chooses not to do it themselves.

there may be, but where will these checks be done? The EU can’t enforce anything in NI or GB, it can only ever be done in Ireland, if the UK chooses not to do it themselves.
Does that then make the Withdrawl Agreement null if we forced the checks on Dublin?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I knew he'd stuffed us on the Withdrawl Agreement, I was just under the impression that a WTO Brexit later in the year would lead to the Withdrawl Agreement being useless.

With the Irish election and Sinn Feins border poll, red line demand for propping up an Irish government and the feeling of Leo continuously sticking the boot into Unionism.. I could see the GFA becoming null and void.
The WA is an internationally binding treaty. If you want to change it, you'll need a new one.

The WA is an internationally binding treaty. If you want to change it, you'll need a new one.
Did Trump not just walk away from a nuclear treaty the other week on cruise missiles etc..I take it that was an international treaty?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Did Trump not just walk away from a nuclear treaty the other week on cruise missiles etc..I take it that was an international treaty?
Who knows? He'll need a new one as well.

That is a rather different game.

Anyway, a nice bit of implementation courtesy of the BBC and a Brexit bonus to boot.

The NHS in England is hiring 10,000 school leavers given training by the Prince's Trust charity.

The new staff will go some way towards solving the shortage caused by rising demands on the service and falling EU migration.

Now get that rolled out across all sectors, private and public and lets get training, employing and promoting our own home grown talent.

Looks like Nissan are drawing up plans to implement a mahoosive U-Turn.

Nissan has drawn up a plan to pull out of mainland Europe if Brexit leads to tariffs on car exports — but to double down on the UK, where the Japanese company believes it could sell one in five cars.

Two people involved in the discussions said the contingency plan, drawn up late last year, would see Nissan close its struggling Barcelona van facility and stop manufacturing in France.

You have comprehension difficulties.
So you should be. Didn't you realise Johnson threw the DUP under the bus?
For a so called Ex Lt Col, your ability to think laterally and strategically is severely lacking.

In the event that the UK / EU fail to reach a deal and everything reverts to WTO rules and regulations, the WA becomes worth less than the paper it is written on.

That is why the EU are currently desperate to tie the UK into:

1. The ECJ.
  2. Alignment.
  3. A ( so called ) level playing field.
Do me the honour of not coming back with one of your many non sequitur's.

I could see the GFA becoming null and void.
It really ever was only the statement of the blindingly obvious. We were never going to hand NI over undemocratically, the EU knew that and so the did the Irish. But were we to agree to some sort of cross border referendum Britain would have to face the fact that Ireland would at the very least be neutrally hostile since it's in the EU In the face of the realisation we wouldn't give up; what would Ireland do other than give up a pretence that everyone in Ireland wants to be Irish. I mean lets face it no one ever took seriously that the SF stance against Stormont using EU legislation failure was a pretence and then suddenly it's the teaching of Gaellic that becomes the issue.