The Implementation Thread.

Brexit has finally happened and now in the past, the next year is important as it largely shapes the path for the future of the UK.

This thread is for news and debate on the implementation period and how the UK is effected over the next year.

Of you want to continue swinging handbags over Brexit there are still plenty of threads for that, so leave it out on this one.

UKTAP

LE
The thing that most needs implementing is a big dose of schadenfreude as we get to watch from the cliffs of dover, sipping on a real ale and flicking the V's whilst the EU project sinks disastrously.

Hopefully some Remoaner cnuts will emigrate and sink with the Fourth Reich too.

While the EU itself is corrupt, it would be foolish to wish harm on European Countries that are/could be allies in trade, security and defence.

Not much will change during the implementation period.

Red passports will remain valid, but when renewed will be blue.

EHIC cards can still be used.

No roaming charges for phones.

Can still drive in Europe on UK drivers licence.

UKTAP

LE
While the EU itself is corrupt, it would be foolish to wish harm on European Countries that are/could be allies in trade, security and defence.
I (and I suspect the vast majority) don't wish any harm on the other European countries. We wish harm on the anti-democratic and perfidious attempt at seizing power over the whole of Europe through unaccountable bureaucrats and fifth-columnists that make up the EU.

Glad we're out. Now we need to get our fifth columnists out of public office.

With all due respect to the arrseratti, I think that we as taxpayers pay many, many millions to some of the supposedly top brains in Whitehall and the rest of the country and we should try to leave them to it and do the job that they are paid to for, for a while.
Lets lay off the topic for a while its done, and in a transition stage.
Come this time next year, if we don't like what they have done then I for one will put the boot in.

Not much will change during the implementation period.

Red passports will remain valid, but when renewed will be blue.

EHIC cards can still be used.

No roaming charges for phones.

Can still drive in Europe on UK drivers licence.
So basically, the clock in Downing Street was a damp squib?

I look forward to the next 11 months of both sides headbutts each other in negotiations and the UK leaving without any deal. Then NI can leave on the same grounds as the rest of the UK.

UKTAP

LE
With all due respect to the arrseratti, I think that we as taxpayers pay many, many millions to some of the supposedly top brains in Whitehall and the rest of the country and we should try to leave them to it and do the job that they are paid to for, for a while.
Come this time next year, if we don't like what they have done then I for one will put the boot in.
We tried that for the last three and a half years and all we got was TCTM and her ilk trying their level best to lock us in to a club that anyone outside of London and the brainwashed didn't want to be part of.

You have just seen what people power can do. Let's not let that change.

HE117

LE
Not sure I agree with you wholly there.. Whilst we have without doubt poured money into the London Establishment, I have some significant concerns that whilst they may be clever, this is mostly focussed on an ability to line their own pockets and not actually carrying out the tasks they were given..

My wish in New Britain is to see a value shift in society, where integrity, honesty and competence is valued more than an ability to spout bullshit. We need to insist that the power that has been acquired over the past decades by the bureaucracy via the EU backdoor is returned to society, and that the rule of the technocrat (who is rarely technically competent) is reversed..

I, for one, will be watching them like a hawk!

HE117

LE
Who cares.. more media bullshit!

We really need to move on from gesture politics which simply detract with the core issues of government. There is no justification for portraying politics as a Punch and Judy show as Judy is currently out cold... (for some time I suspect!).

We have, for the first time in many decades, a government with the power and freedom to make profound change. My fervent hope is they will act wisely in the short time they have to get UK Inc up and running again! I do hope that the media realise they are not living in the consequence free state they have had for the past decade and start behaving sensibly..!

We are seriously living in interesting times!

Just to clarify. I did not mean the attention seeking elected parliamentarians, but the men in black who really have their work cut out over the coming months.

Hundreds of civil servants who are paid to negotiate and are paid handsomely to do so.
Lets see them earn their crust, or sack em.

Who cares.. more media bullshit!

We really need to move on from gesture politics which simply detract with the core issues of government. There is no justification for portraying politics as a Punch and Judy show as Judy is currently out cold... (for some time I suspect!).

We have, for the first time in many decades, a government with the power and freedom to make profound change. My fervent hope is they will act wisely in the short time they have to get UK Inc up and running again! I do hope that the media realise they are not living in the consequence free state they have had for the past decade and start behaving sensibly..!

We are seriously living in interesting times!
I want Bojo and Co to pull their socks up and say fcuk PC politics and how the media portrays them.. I doubt that will happen though.

Lets start by getting this up and running, ready to implement in full on 01 January 2021

Boris Johnson is preparing to impose full customs and border checks on all European goods entering the UK after Brexit, in a ramping up of pressure on the coming EU-UK trade talks, the Telegraph has learned.

In a radical departure from pre-election ‘no deal’ planning that prioritised the smooth flow of goods into the UK from Europe, Whitehall departments have been told to prepare for imposing the full panoply of checks on EU imports to the UK.

No if's - No but's - Just do it.

Lets start by getting this up and running, ready to implement in full on 01 January 2021

No if's - No but's - Just do it.
excellent preemptive strike by Team Boris.
ze Germans will be on the phone to a Macron telling him to wind his neck in.

No. Up until then, there was a (theoretical) chance that Article 50 could have been revoked at the eleventh hour (or just before, to be precise). Now, the Rubicon has been crossed, the die is cast.

Latest Threads