The Imperial War Musem.Going tomorrow,any tips or hints.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ABF9, Aug 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Going tomorrow with my son who is almost 14 and am really looking forward to it. :D

Last time I went was the day England played Scotland in Euro96. :?
  2. There is a lot to se in one day - you might like to miss out the Art collection. The Holocaust bit is very good but might be a bit OTT for a 14 year old. Enjoy.
  3. Yes thanks for that.

About as much use as a one legged bloke in an arse kicking contest. 8O
  4. if you want to make the most of the day look at the website and plan what you both want to see........and you have to pay to see the James Bond exhibition. Just keep in mind you won't do it all in one day can always return (again and again in my case)
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its a good museum especially if you like the National Army one as downstairs is very much like the NAM. The trench experience needs to be done in very small groups otherwise the japanese tourists tend to spoil the atmosphere. Good examples of Post WW2 conflicts there and you can still (or could) walk through the flight decks of Halifax and Lancs.
  6. I never thought of that!

You must be an officer !!! :roll:

7. I noticed the James Bond exhibition on there web site and was woundering if it was worth the money seems as there is so much else to see.
  8. Only when the authority talks out of its back passage.

9. Thanks,we are both looking forward to it. :D
  10. ...and if he enjoys Lambeth, get him up to Duxford, where all the big kit is displayed!
  11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Stuff the kid with sarnies before you go in. The Cafe is a bit steep. And take a can of wasp nest destroyer. To spazz the CCTV. When you want to nick things.

*EDIT* Afterwards stroll up to All Bar One at Shad Thames near the Design Museum. Silly prices but you can sit in the sun and peer at Tower Bridge. The lad can peer at long leggedy girls in short skirts.

12. All bar one is over 21s though isn't it?

I assume you are going to the IWM in Lambeth - not the one at Salford.

If you are going to Salford - don't bother. Its rubbish.
  13. One interesting exhibit is the 'Little Boy' bomb casing in the main hall. It was a drill/training dummy, but is identical to the live ones.
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The founders arms by Blackfriars bridge is a better pub and the 3 Stags on the corner opposite the IWM serves a nice IPA albeit pricey at £3 a pint!
  15. there's a nice shepard's neame pub near waterloo - just off the cut I think.