The ignore function

Jesus - it's like a giant word of the day bog-paper throwing session in here.

Can't you lot go back to saying "cock" and "your mum"?

PS - I'm copyrighting the word "turd". I think you'll find I used it first on the site back in 2005.

PPS - Sheep's ****, Reverso-cycle, Ribbons of / weak / arcs of / defective Sperm, noodle arms, reeking of failure are all similarly copyrighted phrases used by handsome, medal-clad men with operational experience and dwellings consisting of a minimum of three bedrooms.
Couple of years ago the state of the art was, from memory, “gopping civvy no mark never served shitcunt” though i may have missed a couple out

ugly

LE
Interesting how many of the original list have posted on this particular thread. Some touchy tossers out there that are still on ignore!

ugly

LE
Ive just had to add that sceptic Jonesy blerk, what a weapons grade bell end!

@ugly I'm feeling rather boisterous ;)

Could this thread not be better titled "Please tell me you don't want me to ignore you"?

I personally think that Mods, having swore their oath of service to the CO's, should not be allowd to utilise the ignore function. Essentially - it's dereliction of duty - averting one's eyes to sh1t you could be called upon to action. It's a form of cowardice. You are loafing on not only yourself- but your fellow mods and - the wider arrserati.
When you took the oath, and took the CO's challenge coin, and was touched upon the shoulder by the mighty ban hammer of justice - you accepted the role of servant to us mere mortals, policing the threads against bellendery.

You have knowingly shirked your duty. You have openly admitted this. I hereby propose you be reduced to the ranks.

You have not only let us down - you have let yourself down, and have failed. Failed in the duty that was bestowed upon you by the magnificence (and girth) of the CO's.

:)

ugly

LE
@ugly I'm feeling rather boisterous ;)

Could this thread not be better titled "Please tell me you don't want me to ignore you"?

I personally think that Mods, having swore their oath of service to the CO's, should not be allowd to utilise the ignore function. Essentially - it's dereliction of duty - averting one's eyes to sh1t you could be called upon to action. It's a form of cowardice. You are loafing on not only yourself- but your fellow mods and - the wider arrserati.
When you took the oath, and took the CO's challenge coin, and was touched upon the shoulder by the mighty ban hammer of justice - you accepted the role of servant to us mere mortals, policing the threads against bellendery.

You have knowingly shirked your duty. You have openly admitted this. I hereby propose you be reduced to the ranks.

You have not only let us down - you have let yourself down, and have failed. Failed in the duty that was bestowed upon you by the magnificence (and girth) of the CO's.

Fuck off, I've already covered that

**** off, I've already covered that
Well I'm (helpfully) covering it again as you still appear to be shirking your duties.

@Auld-Yin has his eyes on your lofty perch and..he does not strike me as one to shamefully avert from his duties by use of the ignore button (The button of shame).

@Guns is a second rate Mod, like he was a second rate PWO in the RN... a mere observer of 'masters at work'. He was in the bottom third so went PWO (C). You ,sir, are firmly in that category. You want to look at the likes of that University challenge contestant from 1984-looking bloke @Sixty and take a leaf out of his book (one of several weighty tomes conveniently left in view when taking phots of his beans on toast banquets). Or even that @TheresaMay chap - he wore a light blue beret and if he had done a bit better at school would have served in the FAA but alas... he does his duty well on here though. Neither shirk their duties and use the button of shame. They willfully expose themselves to the bellendary and subterfuge, without any due regard for their own safety or sensibilities, in order to faithfully uphold the values & standards on threads (as appropriate).

I for one feel you are short changing us.

ugly

LE
@Guns is a second rate Mod, like he was a second rate PWO in the RN... a mere observer of 'masters at work'. He was in the bottom third so went PWO (C). You ,sir, are firmly in that category. You want to look at the likes of that University challenge contestant from 1984-looking bloke @Sixty and take a leaf out of his book (one of several weighty tomes conveniently left in view when taking phots of his beans on toast banquets). Or even that @TheresaMay chap - he wore a light blue beret and if he had done a bit better at school would have served in the FAA but alas... he does his duty well on here though. Neither shirk their duties and use the button of shame. They willfully expose themselves to the bellendary and subterfuge, without any due regard for their own safety or sensibilities, in order to faithfully uphold the values & standards on threads (as appropriate).

I for one feel you are short changing us.
I'm not biting

You can always put me on ignore or..do you require further "telling" (with extended index finger of justice)?

Could you add a poll to this thread please: "should Ugly be shot for desertion?"

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well I'm (helpfully) covering it again as you still appear to be shirking your duties.

@Auld-Yin has his eyes on your lofty perch and..he does not strike me as one to shamefully avert from his duties by use of the ignore button (The button of shame).
I will ignore that remark. Harrumph!!!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ive just had to add that sceptic Jonesy blerk, what a weapons grade bell end!
If you keep putting people on ignore, who will you have left to moderate?

Serious question. If someone hits the "Report" button, and a mod has that someone on ignore, does their report get through to that mod? If not, perhaps more mods should make use of the "button of shame".

ugly

LE
Serious question. If someone hits the "Report" button, and a mod has that someone on ignore, does their report get through to that mod? If not, perhaps more mods should make use of the "button of shame".
Yes it shows up, but I then chose whether to bother my fat arse with reading it. I can moderate it or leave for others or even weild the hammer. I reject most he said cry feet and rather prefer a gentle word than the hammer but it depends on whether I've been on the brass cocktails or not

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
@TheresaMay chap - he wore a light blue beret and if he had done a bit better at school would have served in the FAA but alas...
Seems so weird seeing that phrase without being proceeded by "gusset-moistening".

Anyway, since you're back to doing impromptu moderator appraisals and not holding back, I'm going to go out on a limb here & assume it's been a good weekend and you're sufficiently lubricated?

A couple of us went to That London this weekend. The posh part. Gin club. That's the good thing about drinking gin & tonic. No hangover.

Unfortunately the Guinness, Czech Pils, Peroni, Hophouse 13 and a stint in Dirty Martini's at some point late into the night ensured I woke up this morning with a belter of a sore head. And an hour earlier I might add (robbing daylight saving bastards).

Didn't stop me smashing the breakfast buffet at the VSC though...

Carry on.

Seems so weird seeing that phrase without being proceeded by "gusset-moistening".

Anyway, since you're back to doing impromptu moderator appraisals and not holding back, I'm going to go out on a limb here & assume it's been a good weekend and you're sufficiently lubricated?

A couple of us went to That London this weekend. The posh part. Gin club. That's the good thing about drinking gin & tonic. No hangover.

Unfortunately the Guinness, Czech Pils, Peroni, Hophouse 13 and a stint in Dirty Martini's at some point late into the night ensured I woke up this morning with a belter of a sore head. And an hour earlier I might add (robbing daylight saving bastards).

Didn't stop me smashing the breakfast buffet at the VSC though...

Carry on.
Hop 13??
No wonder you are a BAT!