The ignore function

But that doesn't give you a chance to tell everyone that you have someone on ignore, which seems to be all the rage these days.
Ignoring posters is weak and defensively minded.

Following posters is for the apex predator

Last edited:
Ignoring posters is weak and defensively minded.

Following posters is for the apex predator
I've never clicked the follow button for anyone, predators lead, sheep follow.

As yet, I haven't worked out what the follow button actually does... it's certainly nothing obvious like following somebody.
Oh? Really if you didn’t restrict your profile people could see.

Weak.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Right, I am going to ask here what Following a poster does? Is it a case that when someone you are following makes a post you get an alert? If so then there must be a lot of mightily bored people out there. I just checked my profile and see that I have over 30 people listed as "following" me and I have no clue why?

So, what does "following" someone on this site do?

Oh? Really if you didn’t restrict your profile people could see.

Weak.
Cheers fuckwit... so glad you popped up as I wanted to ask why you hadn't posted any of your 'self stolen' images of late.

What, in English English does, "Really if you didn’t restrict your profile people could see." actually mean?

Right, I am going to ask here what Following a poster does? Is it a case that when someone you are following makes a post you get an alert? If so then there must be a lot of mightily bored people out there. I just checked my profile and see that I have over 30 people listed as "following" me and I have no clue why?

Seconded!

It appears that @Himmler74 knows the answer but is, unfortunately, quite unable to string enough words together in the correct order to actually tell us how 'Follow' works.

I'm hoping it annoys some of those who chose to follow, @DaManBugs follows me to show me just how not bothered the walty, alkie, lying child abuse victim is.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You guys really need to get outside and breathe some air. Just a suggestion.
Why not just say a) you don't know, and b) you are a billy-no-mates so even if you did know you wouldn't understand it? :cool:

If this is a wind-up, I've fallen for it!

This thread has some info from 2015:
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/following-whats-it-all-about.235741/

This post has a specific answer:
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/following-whats-it-all-about.235741/#post-6408948

(Caveat:
Not sure if anything was changed by the last update.)

I have four people who I am "following". One is a legacy from the olden days when it was "Mukkas", one has their profile settings set so that only people they "follow" can exchange PMs with them and invited me to follow them for that purpose, one I'm not really sure why, and one who I'm stalking.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm going to put myself on ignore.

The kids have and the Mrs has selective hearing so it be nothing new.

ugly

LE
I was out of order with the length of ban but a day or two should have worked!