The ignore function

Seems a bit extreme to put someone on an ignore list as you will then not be able to mod posts they are involved in. Having burst forth with this shattering revelation, may I enquire as to the possibility of a mod being bunged on an ignore thingy. Is this possible? :cool:

ugly

LE
Its less a safe place and more a fuck off I don't need this fecking drivel

ugly

LE
Seems a bit extreme to put someone on an ignore list as you will then not be able to mod posts they are involved in. Having burst forth with this shattering revelation, may I enquire as to the possibility of a mod being bunged on an ignore thingy. Is this possible? :cool:
FFS if I have to explain again I'll

As I explained earlier my play pen is quite calm and well behaved or are you saying I cant ignore people I think are idiots? Surely I have as much right as any other user.
Sure. But how do you moderate posts you don't read?

ugly

LE
Sure. But how do you moderate posts you don't read?
Face it most idiots don't post in the QM's however when their crayon box needs refilling and they appear you can see if idiots have been allowed out without adult supervision by the responses they generate and if anyone on ignore posts you can see via the "show ignored posts" button. Its not rocket science!

I've never felt even the slightest compulsion put anyone on ignore. I try to focus on the posts rather than concern myself with the posters, though if they have a particularly idiotic hobby horse that they ride in every damn thread they post in that does become impossible. Still, seeing the drivel does provide opportunities to laugh & take the piss from time to time. And you can always just scroll past a DaManBugs post or skip a Ciggie thread if you already have a headache.

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I've never felt even the slightest compulsion put anyone on ignore. I try to focus on the posts rather than concern myself with the posters, though if they have a particularly idiotic hobby horse that they ride in every damn thread they post in that does become impossible. Still, seeing the drivel does provide opportunities to laugh & take the piss from time to time. And you can always just scroll past a DaManBugs post or skip a Ciggie thread if you already have a headache.
But that doesn't give you a chance to tell everyone that you have someone on ignore, which seems to be all the rage these days.

But that doesn't give you a chance to tell everyone that you have someone on ignore, which seems to be all the rage these days.
It also give them the opportunity to rip the pish when you loudly proclaim that they're on your list and then later vote on their posts.

Stonker and Flaggie do that all the time, just to show how not bothered they are by the person they are ignoring.
Thats why they have to constantly tell everyone.

The pair of penises that they are.

#Dogmeat made a good point on another thread about the general hilarity to be had from chods who end up on ignore so I restored some posters from my personal outer darkness only 20 mins ago and have been rewarded already.
I agree. As a long time lurker I don't have anyone on ignore. I see ARRSE as somewhere I can pass time having a varied and amusing read. I find it a sort of cross between Stuff, Women's Weekly, The Sunday Sport and the letters page from Soldier Magazine.. I wouldn't go out and buy any of those publications which makes ARRSE a bargain!

Basically at some point in the last twenty years these persons have managed to spout such utter tripe (sometimes in their first post) or have the nerve to disagree with me, that I have decided that I don't have the patience to educate them or realise that some of them cant be helped and I will live much longer if I don't read their drivel!
That, plus getting pissed and banning somebody for 38 years for using a rude word... ^^

Face it most idiots don't post in the QM's however when their crayon box needs refilling and they appear you can see if idiots have been allowed out without adult supervision by the responses they generate and if anyone on ignore posts you can see via the "show ignored posts" button. Its not rocket science!

ugly

LE
That, plus getting pissed and banning somebody for 38 years for using a rude word... ^^
That was funny, not being able to calculate the ban in months so I just let fly, really funny until someone cried about it!

ugly

LE
At least on return from a 38 year ban one could say with some authority, "Arrse isn't what it used to be these days". :)
Long deployment, oh wait!

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
I'm sure those years increase every time it comes up. 18 years from now, it will be like, "at least you weren't banned for an ice age" (which is roughly when nice guy's ban expires BTW)

As for ignore, I've often found scrolling past a bell-end's post usually works. Sadly, as medic-twat's recent contributions show, people are unable to exercise restraint and must respond, usually under the banner of "it's fun".

Meanwhile, some tedious mong is sat in a bedsit somewhere rubbing his hands at the thought of having several grown men in their 50s, 60s and 70s wasting what's left of their lives frothing away at him / her.

The internet is a strange place, sometimes.