The ignore function

ugly

LE

ugly

LE

ugly

LE
I've got 10 on my ignore list, most of whom are on yours, but you having over 50 is quite strong. I will try & debate with someone but if it proves pointless and their views are not just different to me but also fly in the face of logic & evidence that is freely available, or as in a few cases, downright lunatic, then I will put them on "ignore".
There are some with whom on certain topics we will never agree on as their views are different to mine but on other topics they appear to be sensible, so they don't go on "ignore", otherwise we would all be in a self made vacuum of ideas.
I agree but as pointed out some are the same person and some aren't worth bothering with. There have been a few unignored when I've been feeling lenient. These include Stacker1 and Bravo Bravo both of whom I value for their ability to hold a decent argument even if its for arguments sake!

If you're on the list yes, if you're not then no!
Which list, the ignore or the business websites on the signature block?

I agree but as pointed out some are the same person and some aren't worth bothering with. There have been a few unignored when I've been feeling lenient. These include Stacker1 and Bravo Bravo both of whom I value for their ability to hold a decent argument even if its for arguments sake!

My bold, if certain idiots/lunatics keep trying to post using various different screen names but still have same IP address then surely banning them is the way forward to save the grief these morons bring to what are mostly sensible discussions.
I am sure I'm not the only one who enjoys and learns a great deal from this site, but I do find it annoying and tiresome when one of these trolls pops up and disrupts/destroys what otherwise would be an informative discussion as they always seem to have certain people responding & thereby feeding their perverted idea of fun. A couple of classic examples would be "damanbugs" & his alter egos, "shitting in a bag" & its alter egos.

I afraid I cannot offer you any sage advice, I have you on ignore.

Last edited:
The ignore function whilst great for what it is has caused me to cut my posting in the Int Cell to almost nothing, even reading threads is difficult. I'm not complaining but I figured it was time to have a look at who I was ignoring. If you are on this list, don't respond, I wont be able to read it!
That said I do sometimes mellow and tolerate fools by taking them off the list but its quite rare!
Its a big list:
  1. [U]184461[/U]
  2. LE
    · From NULL
I don't use it mate, if I did though the list would be at least fifty times bigger.

ugly

LE

ugly

LE
My bold, if certain idiots/lunatics keep trying to post using various different screen names but still have same IP address then surely banning them is the way forward to save the grief these morons bring to what are mostly sensible discussions.
I am sure I'm not the only one who enjoys and learns a great deal from this site, but I do find it annoying and tiresome when one of these trolls pops up and disrupts/destroys what otherwise would be an informative discussion as they always seem to have certain people responding & thereby feeding their perverted idea of fun. A couple of classic examples would be "damanbugs" & his alter egos, "shitting in a bag" & its alter egos.
Unfortunately a lot of them cry to the grown ups!

I really can't understand why some sad fuckers have multiple profiles and sockpuppets and shit. Just be your honest self, ffs.

ugly

LE
I really can't understand why some sad ******* have multiple profiles and sockpuppets and shit. Just be your honest self, ffs.
Way back in 02 before I became a mod I tried to do a second account so I could ask all the stupid questions I wanted to wind up the grown ups. I couldn't remember my password as I did it when pissed.

I have nobody on ignore, I find that helps when looking for full disclosure evidence that ultimately justifies the polishing of my ban hammer.

Fuckwittery tends to get nipped in the bud that way.

Whilst we're at it, I can't quite understand why anyone wants to be a sockpuppet in the first place...ARRSE is open to view to anyone...yes, responding to posts, making posts of one's own ( having wrist slapped on numerous occasions I am a trifle cautious about that) is nice-ish, but throwing pillows at other people and assuming a false identity when caught... the whole thing is daft. I can claim to be a sockpuppet because I was Scrofula, but beliving that a 'ban' in those days was actually 'Fuck off', I desisted for some time and came back...realising that, yes, in fact, communicating with people on this site is a worthwhile experience. I have never indulged in snottiness and nastiness against others here even though there are some who might deserve it. Primarily I stay with the NAAFI although I could put alot into Current and Intelligence, but am intelligent and trained enough not to. My purpose here is to give people a laugh, and get one or two back...backstabbing and bickering are for what my granny would have called fishwives. And breathe out....