The Idle Bastards....!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sebcoe, Nov 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. More than a third of people being reassessed for incapacity benefit have been found to be capable of some form of work, the Government has said.

Of almost 140,000 people reassessed between December 2011 and February 2012, 36% were found fit for work.

The Department for Work and Pensions said they will get help to move into employment through Jobcentre Plus and the Work Programme.

Employment minister Mark Hoban said: "The old incapacity benefit system condemned too many people to a life on benefits without any hope of ever going back to work. This was simply wrong.

"By reassessing everyone for employment and support allowance we can help thousands of people move from benefits and back into work if they are capable while giving unconditional support to those who need it.

"I am under no illusion, however, that many face a difficult journey back into employment and we know this may take time.

"But for those who aspire to a life off benefits, the intensive support should be available through Jobcentre Plus and the Work Programme to give them the best chance of finding a job."

It is estimated that 1.5 million people will undergo reassessment by 2014.

90% of those cunts in valleys on "benefits" should not even be on incapacity, Idle bastards...time for you "Cripples" to get job.....Lazy cunts..!

• Like Like x 1
  2. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

how was your tour with the diplomatic corps ? went well I TRUST .

• Like Like x 5
  3. Looks like they are sending me to Syria..!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

have you every done one of their medicals? if you can sit for half an hour and answer a phone they consider you fit for a call centre, if you can feed yourself you are fit for a call center.

there is a lot of fraud but its not them that are losing benefits its the honest ones who show what they can actually do rather than put it on.

5. Sounds good to me, Davros worked.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Grumblegrunt

he was kitted out to run his own call centre but they would probably decide he could be a childminder

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Governments of all hues bear a responsibility for the situation. Allowing people to claim incapacity benefit massaged the unemployment figures downward. There are approximately 2.5 million people on incapacity benefit. Most figures I've seen suggest 40% of claims are withdrawn before coming in for medical examination, and another 40% of claimants are fit for work in some limited capacity.

As we currently have 2.5 million officially unemployed, it looks as if this figure should be increased by a further 1.5 million to account for the people who claimed disability benefit and those with minor disabilities who are capable of working. This gives us a real figure of 4 million unemployed and one of the worst unemployment rates in Europe. It has also resulted in unnecessary costs of £4 billion a year that could have been trimmed from the welfare bill some time back.

Wordsmith

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. If you're capable of using Facebook/Farmville all day, you're capable of using a laptop for work-at-home jobs.

No issue with paying benefits to people who genuinely need them, but too many take the piss.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Grumblegrunt

or stress in general, in my day we had something proper like a virus.

10. Luckily no! but if you are claiming incapacity benefit and if you can work in a call centre, then you should! benefit should be the safety net, like most long term unemployed if you havent found a job, we'll give you one...if you don't like it, then find your own.....the cunts.!

11. "You would if we set the cunt alight"....should be the message of choice!

12. Grumblegrunt

I was assessed for tennis elbow in the left arm (left handed) which left me with no sensation and inability to write or grip properly and a smashed right wrist with a plate in which needed to be taken back out again as every time I knocked it I fainted.

I was however fit to work in a call centre because I could touch my toes and had my incap cut off three weeks before the plate was taken out and I spent another 12 months getting over that.

I had 14 points, the bloke behind me had 1.

I should maybe point out that there is a lack of call centres capable of taking on 450,000 cripples and stressed layabouts.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

You need to take this one step further - people that take the piss take potential benefits away from the genuinely deserving.

I'm a believer in tough love - which means you focus on those truly in need. And there are those on disability benefits in genuine need: sufferers from cerebral palsy or multiple sclerosis for example. Similarly; soldiers disabled on active service have a claim to the highest standard of care.

For the genuinely disabled, there should be a comfortable council house available with the equipment required to ease their condition. And they should get sufficient benefits to dress well, eat well and have a reasonable social life. Fate has dealt them a sh*tty hand of cards and the state should do its utmost to care for those unfortunate enough to be in such a position.

Every person that abuses the system for personal gain takes money away from the genuinely needy - and that's a despicable thing to do.

Wordsmith

• Like Like x 8
  14. They HAD to find people fit for work if nothing else but to cover their costs, now FIND some work that'll pay a mortgage/rent that'll be accomadating to a spastic in a wheel chair as there is a surplus of jobs!