Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The idiot vehicle

With Ravers inspired into spending his weekends with Trigger's broom(his new landy). I have come to the realisation that we all have at least one vehicle that we know is a heap of crap but we want all the same.

I will henceforth refer to this as the idiot vehicle as they defy all rational thought, most of us thankfully can resist the urge of actually buying our idiot vehicle.

I will get the ball rolling with the DAF 4 tonner of all things. I somehow have a rose tinted view towards these things as my fitter truck never failed me and I spent so much time in the bloody thing. If finances allowed for it I would happily buy one(probably two) and a whole heap of spares. When I say finances allowed for, I mean a bloody lottery win as I'm not quite that daft..yet.

What is your idiot vehicle of choice?

I had a Disco 2 for 5 years. Never again. Just never.

On the other hand, a late model Triumph 2500PI estate.
It will rust, the engine thrust bearings will fail, 2nd gear synchromesh will be dodgy, the rear driveshaft splines will seize and the rear suspension turrets will rot, rust will be endemic and the only reliable bit will be the Laycock overdrive.
b22a7a2a732b4daff44d507e5924868c.jpg

Merc W124 estate auto.
Did you misunderstand the title of the post?
One of the most reliable cars ever, good for interstellar mileage if looked after.
My mate's W124 saloon expired with a mere 279,000 miles on the clock when the gearbox needed a rebuild and it was worth more than the car.