Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Longinthegums, Nov 27, 2008.
The heart of the site is the forum area, including:
Has anyone seen this guy?
Here is a working like for you
edited for stupidness
Ahh i love finding pictures of me on the Internet.
The top 20 movie soldiers used in the research:
1. Charlie Sheen - Platoon
2. Michael J Fox - Casualties of War
3. Tom Hanks - Saving Private Ryan
4. Martin Sheen - Apocalypse Now
5. Robert De Niro - The Deer Hunter
6. Alec Guiness - Bridge Over The River Kwai
7. Laurence Olivier - Battle of Britain
8. Richard Todd - The Dam Busters
9. Steve McQueen - The Great Escape
10. Sean Penn - The Thin Red Line
11. Matthew Modine - Full Metal Jacket
12. Tom Cruise - Born on the Fourth of July
13. Michael Caine - Zulu/The Eagle Has Landed
14. Josh Hartnett - Black Hawk Down
15. Richard Burton - Where Eagles Dare
16. Mel Gibson - Gallipoli
17. Clint Eastwood - Kelly's Heroes
18. Sylvester Stallone - Rambo
19. John Wayne - The Sands of Iwo Jima/The Longest Day
20. Willem Dafoe - Platoon
Just goes to show that the research is bollox!
Probably better if they had merged faces of real soldiers, not just actors who have played soldiers?
What a load of old guff!
So, not the face of the perfect soldier, but the face of the 'perfect' Hollywood soldier. Slight difference there if you ask me.
IIRC, Richard Todd was a Soldier in WW2. Didn't he jump or glide into normandy?
But they're actors! not soldiers! So how can it be the face of the perfect soldier? And didn't John Wayne dodge the draft?
True, I should probably have read the list first before making a lemon of meself
He jumped with the Paras and was part of the force that releived Pegasus Bridge. He was later to play the part of Major John Howard, OBLI, who was in command of the soldiers that held the bridge.
What no scar!
Having looked at several Bn, Coy and Mess photos, the unimaginable horror that could result doesn't bear thinking about.
Separate names with a comma.