The Hurt Locker

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by ArtfulDodjar, Apr 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just finished watching this quite frankly amazing piece of film.

Its about an American EOD team that has a new leader who gets his kicks out of putting himself in situations he shouldn't, just watching the trailer should be enough to get anybody wanting to watch it, even THEY make an appearance in a fire fight half way through.

Enjoy :D
  2. This is going to be like 300, a great film that passes under the radar and straight into the bargain DVD bin at HMV :(
  3. Looks very good... I've just finished reading an amazing book about the American Marines attack on Fallujah: No True Glory by Bing West, a bloody good read. If you have read Sniper One and thought it a good read I would highly recommend No True Glory. The Black Watch get a brief mention.

Just viewed the Second Trailer for The Hurt Locker on YouTube see here:

The Hurt Locker Part II
  4. Lucretia

Lucretia Old-Salt Book Reviewer

It's intriguing how different the trailers are. I saw the youtube one, which is sort of 'how many explosions can we fit in a two minute trailer' bang fest, with a Kashmiresque sound track and very few words. I expected JCVD to come striding through the flames. The trailer on the apple site has whole sentences of dialogue, some degree of intelligence in the action - more sort of Generation Kill feel to it. Hopefully the film will be more like the latter.