The Hunt for Bin Laden

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pp0470, Jul 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A fav snipet from this programme is Donald Rumsfeld quote from 110901 eve regarding which country to invade in retaliation for WTC attacks:

'Afghanistan doesn't have enough targets, we should invade Iraq'

(paraphrased and pissed so fucxk off with spelling corrections :)))
  2. I hope they've got a submarine...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ON AT 1100hrs TODAY

BBC - BBC Radio 4 Programmes - The Hunt for Bin Laden, From Tora Bora to Abbottabad

Part II goes into detail of how Bin Laden was 'allowed' to escape from Tora Bora and about the subsequent 10yr hunt for him.

Quotes from General Richard Myers - former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Cofer Black - head of the CIA's Counter Terrorism Unit & SAS guy who was on ground in 2001.

But, Donald Rumsfeld's 9/11 quote from Part I will still take some beating:

'Afghanistan doesn't have enough targets, we should invade Iraq'
  4. I feel he was airlifted during "operation the great escape" in Kunduz...when Pakistan army requested American/Nato forces not to target their planes. 1000s of ISI officers,Taliban,Alqueda were transported back to Pakistan.

Just as a note...Afghan Intelligence have been saying for the last 4 years, Bin laden is hiding in Pakistan, and it all became true. Politicians such as Nawaz Sharif were close aids of Bin Laden, even according to former ISI head Khalid Khawaja, he was present at the meeting where Nawaz Sharif was given a few million in cash to never distrubed Bin Ladens activities, with Bin Laden present at the time.

The ISI are ****ing double dealing Lucifers!
  5. Also on todays programme:

6. Iam sure the harsh punishment consisted of force feeding him some expired Walls Saugages.

On a serious note...without interrogation its illogical to assume vital intelligence would be gathered. I remmeber in training being told...that Russian special forces are taught how to faint, when caught by enemy forces but nothing worse than being a sniper and caught.

In Pakistan, the Pakistani ISI would interrogate people by inserting a long police baton, laced with red hot chillies.
  7. On NightWatch
    Well someone is lying.