The Humble Poncho

Less of the idle and malevolent if you don't mind!!!

I resemble that remark.
Yet you're prepared to let the Black Watch comparison slide?

Nowt so queer as folk...

So you're the reason why that bloody log was heavier on at least one of the occasions I did that run? Grr. I say again, sir, Grr. Grr.
The PTI one day shouted at me if I did not put more effort in my feet would not touch the floor.

When I explained they did not already and I was already complying with his intentions.

He seemed to have a sense of humour failure which he shared with all of us on the same log.

On the next PT Log session nobody wanted to share the same log as me, I could not understand why!!!!

The PTI one day shouted at me if I did not put more effort in my feet would not touch the floor.

When I explained they did not already and I was already complying with his intentions.

He seemed to have a sense of humour failure which he shared with all of us on the same log.

On the next PT Log session nobody wanted to share the same log as me, I could not understand why!!!!
I bet that made you popular,
OIP.TutAbu1bYu0iD9beqayr5QAAAA

Arrgghh! The Horror!!!

View attachment 592229

Trying to get a poncho AND a (useless because it had been opened and worn too many times) NBC suit in that fvcking thing is a memory I’d rather forget.

Why on earth did it take decades for the MOD to issue waterproofs and webbing that was actually worth a shit? Cotton webbing? In a climate where it’s well known to piss down for days on end? Poncho roll, “large” pack, straps futility, crisp packet waterproofs, all completely fvcking useless.

The poncho itself was OK though.
We used to wax our webbing,big candle and a hot air gun.It helped, Barbour webbing anybody.

We used to wax our webbing,big candle and a hot air gun.It helped, Barbour webbing anybody.
Aerosol silicone waterproofer was easier.

Or Nikwax, remembering to stretch the water bottle pouch as it dried.