The Hottest Thing You've Ever Eaten

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Ciggie, Jan 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just scarfing down some herring in paprika sauce.....golly gosh, I fear for my ring already........

2. I had some'Hot Snatch' yesterday. It kept me up all night.:whew:

3. Tex-Mex fajitas in New Mexico, the restaurant was a converted Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe rail-road station. The chilli sauce came separately in a small bowl. Without it the fajitas tasted of mud. With it they were inedible!

4. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

What was the Scoville score?

5. Chinese "hotpot" in Beijing. Clue was in the name but I was slow on the uptake. Foolishly this was consumed prior to a visit to the Great Wall the following day, and I deny any knowledge of defecating (whilst in extreme pain) on part such an important World Heritage site.

It was mind blowingly hot, I had to take a good gulp of beer per mouthful and couldn't taste anything for three weeks. Turned out we'd been stitched up by the restaurant as they were supposed to put Sichuan peppers in which slightly counteract the chilli, but had omitted these. Cunts.

6. Had a chef on a site I worked who made a dish he called 'meatballs from hell'. The guys in the know had one, I being new and liking spicy food had four. 3 days the pain lasted at the other end. Of course the food going in hinted at the result but I was new and keen to impress. A life lesson!

7. Hottest thing I've eaten was a Filipino Nurse in Nizwa, Oman......Temp was 42 C

8. I had a row with my ex as he complained that I didn't put enough spice/seasoning ect in the food. Afterwards I put a whole bottle of tabasco sauce in some chicken with the accompaniment of eat that you bastarad. He ate it and in a husky voice said it was nice, I didn't eat it. As I say he was my ex and now he is dead

9. I visited a back street eaterie whilst in the South American town, Salinas. On the tables were small dishes of what I thought was tomato salsa. I helped myself to a tablespoon full and scoffed it down, looking forward to a healthy food hit after days of beer fuelled mayhem.

The pain was instant and unquantifiable. This "relish" was indeed a salsa of sorts but laden with a local variety of chilli. I myself adore spicy food but this took the piss, and rendered me helpless within seconds. I honestly thought I was going to vomit with the pain.

The dirty spic cunts.

10. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Sunday morning special Lamb Nehari at The Kabana, Tib Street, Manchester.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

11. Concentrated extra hot Peri Peri sauce which I found after it had been left for a few months. Drank it from the bottle then couldnt shit properly for a few days.

12. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Once ordered an innocuous-enough chicken jalfrezi in a local Indian. Meal arrives and laid out across the top were what looked (in the flock-wallpapered gloom) like lots of green beans. I hate green beans, so decided to eat them all at once. Stabbed my fork into the lot and got crunching. It turned out to be the meal's entire content of finger chillies.

13. A bowl of seafood noodles in Hanoi. The main ingredients appeared to be powdered glass and napalm but aside from stripping the flesh from my mouth and leaving my tongue a charred, blackened strip it was actually quite tasty. I went back for more the next day but asked them to go a bit lenient on the foreigner.

14. Dorset Naga chilli...... not the whole thing I hasten to add. I forgot I'd put one chopped in half into a curry I made and inadvertently scoffed half before I knew it. It felt like someone had WP'd the inside of my head.

15. Tom Yum Gai soup "No too hot for ferangs" in Bangkok. For days afterwards, me and Mrs A_M were able to kill the cockroaches in our hotel simply by breathing on them.