The Holiday Clothes Shop - Where Is It?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by pombsen-armchair-warrior, May 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just arrived back from a rather pleasant holiday in one of the Portugese dependencies. Charming locals, decent food and beer, and a fair smattering of culture and things to do.

What intrigued me, however, particularly each morning at breakfast, was the variety of apparel my fellow guests appeared in. The most ridiculous shorts, t-shirts, shirts, skirts, leggings, vests, half-trousers etc, all in the most garish of colours, that one could imagine. And all covering up an absolutely tremendous variety of grotesque bodily shapes, complexions, and deformities.

I, of course, clad in cords, country shirt, and brogues, set off by a cheeky little cravat and trendy shades, was totally above reproach. What I would dearly like to know, however, is just where is the shop that sells these holiday clothes described above?

2. Probably a toss up between 'Man at Millets' and a Pound Shop fire sale?

3. Primark maybe. A.K.A Primarni.

4. Every single shop on the high street?

5. What I'm wondering is not why your co-holidayers were dressed as they were but which wee-scented emporium still sells cravats?!!

6. Absolutely no idea - my Gran sources them for me. Apparently Polka is now all the rage.

7. Polka? Would that be dance or dots?

8. Seconded, sounds like Primani to me

9. Dots - light blue ones on a white background. As for the dance it was practised nightly in the hotel where I stayed - mainly Germans and French. Drove me to drink.

10. I have a notion that Pombsen is Dashing Chap, or D C`s considerably more precious older brother.

11. Greggs? Sayers? Spec Savers?

12. Where was your Panama Hat with Regt hat band bloody peasant!

13. Perhaps a visit to Spec Savers before clothes shopping would have been a wise move.

14. Picky, picky, picky...

"Every single clothes shop on the high street"?

Although Greggs is the source of the grotesque physique to go with the nasty clothing.

15. Matalan and Tesco must lead the field