The Hogfather

It is definitely of benefit to have read the book prior to watching.

Excellent. Even Pratchett got a cameo in it.

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
More importantly, has anyone saved it on DVDRW? I'm a big Terry Pratchet fan and bloody well missed it due to work.

PM me! (postage and price of discs refunded!)

I watched part 1 on sunday, have rest taped on Sky HD for the weekend. Must admit, not totally wowed by it. I could never really understand why they decided to do a Discworld novel that was so far down the storyline. So much depth is missing :(

Fugly said:
More importantly, has anyone saved it on DVDRW? I'm a big Terry Pratchet fan and bloody well missed it due to work.

It's on again monday.

I never read the book, but I really liked this! The atmosphere is great and the characters are wonderful.

Fugly, it is on bittorrent --> http://www.mininova.org/get/516780

I am sure part 2 will be available soon as well because it is already on UKnova.

I am not saying you should download the show as that would be an infringement of copyright. However, that is where you can download should you be an immoral, unethical and completely unwholsome bloke.

civvygit said:
Fugly said:

It's on again monday.
Part 1 on Sky 1 @ 1300 Xmas day
Part 2 on Sky 1 @ 1300 Boxing day

both are on multistart according to the sky planner but that may just be cut and paste from the first showing when they deffinately were multi start.

Humphrey_De_Tiluel said:
civvygit said:
Fugly said:

It's on again monday.
Part 1 on Sky 1 @ 1300 Xmas day
Part 2 on Sky 1 @ 1300 Boxing day

both are on multistart according to the sky planner but that may just be cut and paste from the first showing when they deffinately were multi start.
With a spell they will reverse.

Well I started watching it but couldnt see it through....

I do like Pratchett - having recently read 'Going Postal' and 'Monstrous Regiment' after a gap of many years since I read 'The Colour of Magic' and the rest..

but I feel his (Pratchetts) humour & wit come across better via the written word and are not best suited to the medium of Moving Pictures! (haha - do you see what I did there, clever eh..)

Can see why they chose The Hogfather as it gives them a neat Christmas tie-in, but do think an earlier offering of T.P's work would have been easier on folks that are not au fait with Discworld.

Havent read the Hogfather book so cannot offer up a comparision to that story or some of the characters therein - but I did not like the actors version of Mr. Teatime at all, seemed very overdone and hammed up.... but maybe that's the way he is meant to be.

I've never actually read any of the books but I did watch it and thought it was pretty good entertainment.

Fugly said:

try http://www.mininova.org/ :D

Mr Happy

LE
Ooooh Chaps,

[MOD HAT]we're against illegally downloading anything and so references to mininova etc are out. Even if they have now got part 2 seeding.[/MOD HAT]

I think that the actor that played Teatime had the physical acting side of things spot on. The thing he got wrong was the voice.

The other thing that was wrong was that there were supposed to be 5 thieves going with Teatime, they missed out Catseye and Peachy.

But otherwise I enjoyed it.

woody said:
Thought it was good got death right always wondered what italics sounded like :)
Don't you mean Capitals?

Death TALKS LIKE THIS (Capitals) not like this (Italics)

IT_GEEK said:
I watched part 1 on sunday, have rest taped on Sky HD for the weekend. Must admit, not totally wowed by it. I could never really understand why they decided to do a Discworld novel that was so far down the storyline. So much depth is missing :(
I had to explain various parts ot my eldest daughter, like what was so special about susan. Got one though. I do agree with the comment about his wit not coming across though.

watched the first half yesterday on good old video, will watch the second later. It's quite entertaining but a lot of the depth is missing from the characters back stories. Still funny and i dont care if nobody else got it i let out a cheer when the death of rats turned up.

Susan would get it to

acp290885 said:
I think that the actor that played Teatime had the physical acting side of things spot on. The thing he got wrong was the voice.
Yeah that is the bit that ruined it for me as a Pratchett fan, though one that has not read Hogfather, - I just couldnt bear the voice...

Depending on what clashes on other channels I may watch the re-run around Christmas/Boxing Day.

Still think Pratchetts' humour works best on the page though.....