The History Of Scotland

#1
Neil Oliver, the long haired botter is currently spending the licence payers money on a lavish advertisment for the SNP.

How the **** did this political horseshite get permitted to be broadcast?

Fcuking boll0cks.
 
#3
...is there more to come on the road ahead?...
 
#5
the_guru said:
Neil Oliver, the long haired botter is currently spending the licence payers money on a lavish advertisment for the SNP.

How the * did this political horseshite get permitted to be broadcast?

Fcuking boll0cks.
To paraphrase a few good men "you can't handle the truth!!"

:p
 
#6
the_guru said:
Neil Oliver, the long haired botter is currently spending the licence payers money on a lavish advertisment for the SNP.

How the * did this political horseshite get permitted to be broadcast?

Fcuking boll0cks.
I wouldn't worry, he's fcukin loser like the SNP will be .
 
#8
the_guru said:
Neil Oliver, the long haired botter is currently spending the licence payers money on a lavish advertisment for the SNP.

How the * did this political horseshite get permitted to be broadcast?

Fcuking boll0cks.
A lavish advert for the SNP that was pretty unequivocal about e.g. the 'Scottish Civil War' aspect behind Culloden, the Scottish involvement in the African slave trade, the Scottish contribution to the exploitation of industrial workers, etc...

He's also the author of THIS. Bit of a strange topic for a rampant Nat, don't you think?
 
#9
smartascarrots said:
A lavish advert for the SNP that was pretty unequivocal about e.g. the 'Scottish Civil War' aspect behind Culloden, the Scottish involvement in the African slave trade, the Scottish contribution to the exploitation of industrial workers, etc...
You mean Culloden wasn't a simple case of the brave Scots V the evil English? You must be mad, mad I tell you.

And the slave trade and exploitation of industrial workers was all the fault of those pesky English too. Evil and England, both begin with E... coincidence, I think not.
 
#10
chocolate_frog said:
You mean Culloden wasn't a simple case of the brave Scots V the evil English? You must be mad, mad I tell you.
No, it wasn't. As Neil took great pains to point out in the programme.

Why is anything that doesn't fawn over the UK as the best of all possible worlds automatically regarded as some work of SNP propaganda? Doesn't that rather contradict the ARRSE consensus that the BBC is the propaganda wing of New Labour?
 
#12
CQMS said:
Buckfast, heroin, deep fried mars bars and benefit scroungers. Can we cut it off?
What you do with your penis is your own business.

Bloody stange lot, you English.
 
#13
smartascarrots said:
chocolate_frog said:
You mean Culloden wasn't a simple case of the brave Scots V the evil English? You must be mad, mad I tell you.
No, it wasn't. As Neil took great pains to point out in the programme.

Why is anything that doesn't fawn over the UK as the best of all possible worlds automatically regarded as some work of SNP propaganda? Doesn't that rather contradict the ARRSE consensus that the BBC is the propaganda wing of New Labour?
No idea mate, I'm just happy to have found a jock who doesn't think Culloden was English V Scots. Although it could have been but in the reverse of what most people believe.
 
#14
smartascarrots said:
CQMS said:
Buckfast, heroin, deep fried mars bars and benefit scroungers. Can we cut it off?
What you do with your penis is your own business.

Bloody stange lot, you English.
That made I larf! :D

And if the English get a licence fee refund for a History of Scotland, I want £10 every time some on the Beeb mentions 1966 between now and the World Cup... :roll:
 
S

swampmonster

Guest
#15
chocolate_frog said:
smartascarrots said:
chocolate_frog said:
You mean Culloden wasn't a simple case of the brave Scots V the evil English? You must be mad, mad I tell you.
No, it wasn't. As Neil took great pains to point out in the programme.

Why is anything that doesn't fawn over the UK as the best of all possible worlds automatically regarded as some work of SNP propaganda? Doesn't that rather contradict the ARRSE consensus that the BBC is the propaganda wing of New Labour?
No idea mate, I'm just happy to have found a jock who doesn't think Culloden was English V Scots. Although it could have been but in the reverse of what most people believe.
I think you can blame Sir Walter Scott for that..... :)
 
#16
smartascarrots said:
Why is anything that doesn't fawn over the UK as the best of all possible worlds automatically regarded as some work of SNP propaganda?
Oh, come on. I haven't watched the first four programmes as I wasn't quite as bored on previous weekends, but did you see the programme, and do I detect that you know the fella, as your post seems a little familiar?

The programme tonight, as most Scottish programmes do, wasn't the history of Scotland, it was how much it is all the fault of England. Always some fcuker elses fault isn't it? I saw that he filmed part of it in St Andrews House. I am now even gladder that I didn't flush the bog after that long log that I laid and feel even better about robbing Alex Salmond's parking spot.

The programme was a slanted and one eyed diatribe. If I could give a fcuk, I'd get in touch with Points of View.
 
#17
Werewolf said:
And if the English get a licence fee refund for a History of Scotland, I want £10 every time some on the Beeb mentions 1966 between now and the World Cup... :roll:
I remember watching Chinny Hill and Ian St. John on the sofa one Saturday morning in the early 90s.

Jimmy: 1966, red shirts, jumpers for goalposts, etc.

The Saint: Ah, but 1967...

Jimmy: You know, I think it's really sad that a nation has to keep harking back over 30 years to a one-off victory.
 
#18
Werewolf said:
And if the English get a licence fee refund for a History of Scotland, I want £10 every time some on the Beeb mentions 1966 between now and the World Cup... :roll:
I'd rather massive compo for having to put up with that sh1t being broadcast in the first place.... then we have the all the other cups to put up with as well.

Don't mind the playing, but the talking heads... and the interview with some mong who can just about string a sentance together but still earn more in a week than many in a year or more.
 
#19
the_guru said:
do I detect that you know the fella, as your post seems a little familiar?
I do indeed. He's a good bloke who has more than his share of affection for what Scotland achieved within the UK.

the_guru said:
The programme tonight, as most Scottish programmes do, wasn't the history of Scotland, it was how much it is all the fault of England.
Historically accurate, in other words... :wink:
 
#20
the_guru - "Neil Oliver, the long haired botter is currently spending the licence payers money on a lavish advertisment for the SNP."
:? But, per at least the Independent (yeah, I know), originally (last year) some Jocks bitched it was too Anglo? Even that Oliver is a mere archaeologist and not a historian :omg:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/m...-by-row-over-history-of-scotland-1003951.html

As to the BEEB consisting of luvvie benders intent of feckless gob-overs and p1ssing our money away on dross like Woss - and who can't tell the f'king time - I couldn't possibly comment :roll:

No.9
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Current Affairs, News and Analysis 4
GunnersQuadrant Sappers 50
GunnersQuadrant Gunners 47

Similar threads

Latest Threads