The Hemming Belt for Boxing

I could have posted this topic in the Sports Adventure Trg & Events, however with this being an RLC sports associated topic I thought that I would have more luck here.

I always thought that the Hemming Belt for Boxing had been shelved in 1992 just prior to the formation of the RLC? :?

Recipients of The Hemming Belt for Boxing:

1956-Pte Harper 15 Trg Bn RASC
1957-Dvr Hardy 15 Trg Bn RASC
1958-Dvr Foot 15 Trg Bn RASC
1959-Lcpl Elderfield 15TrgBn RASC
1960-Dvr Mallon 6 Trg Bn
1961-Dvr Warrick TA
1961-Dvr Warrick TA
1962-3 Not awarded
1964-Dvr McHugh 52(LOWLAND)COLM(TA)
1965-Lcpl C Booth 6 Trg Bn RASC
1966-Lcpl Bruce 6 Trg Regt RCT
1967-Cpl C Booth 62(Berlin)Sqn RCT
1968 -Cpl C Booth 6 Trg Regt RCT
1969 -Cpl C Booth 12 Trg Regt RCT
1970-Cpl T Baker 12 Trg Regt RCT
1971-2Lt Collinson 63 Para Sqn RCT
1972-2Lt Collinson 63 Para Sqn RCT
1973-Lcpl E Dublin 10 Regt RCT
1974-Lcpl E Dublin 10 Regt RCT
1975-Lcpl Z Rene 10 Regt RCT
1976-Lcpl S Johnson 10 Regt RCT
1977-Lcpl M Gannon 10 Regt RCT
1978-Lcpl S Johnson 10 Regt RCT
1979-Dvr R Stephens 10 Regt RCT
1980-Lcpl S Johnson 10 Regt RCT
1981-Lcpl S Johnson 10 Regt RCT
1982-Jnr Dvr P Harrison Jnr Leaders RCT
1983-Lcpl S Johnson 10 Regt RCT
1984-Dvr G Misters 10 Regt RCT
1985-Dvr N Haddock 10 Regt RCT
1986-Dvr N Haddock 10 Regt RCT
1987-Dvr N McCallum 10 Regt RCT
1988-Dvr Mason 10 Regt RCT
1989-Lcpl N McCallum 10 Regt RCT
1990-Cpl N McCallum 10 Regt RCT
1991-Cpl N McCallum 10 Regt RCT
1992-Lcpl C Bessey 27 Regt RCT

The reason why I ask is that I have just heard that it has recently been presented to a Pte in 13 AA Regt.

Can someone out there enlighten me, has it recently been plucked out of a dark cupboard & dusted off for presentation once again or am I losing my marbles?

Cheers

Attachments

B

Bottleosmoke

Its in this months Corps journal. If you dont have access to one I will get name and post it here tomorrow. But you are correct. A 13 AA lad I think.

Cheers bottleosmoke, I've just had a look in the Spunkstainers sports pages, it's good to see the belt back. :D

Thanks for that AB_Dit_Spinner, but I've just found out who the 2006 winner of the belt was. :wink:

ITS me yet again will yes your new best freind for the day must dash and find more of you on ARSE.

neilmccallum423 said:
Hemming belt has been re-introduced I had it in my house for years before getting it back the system Neil McCallum MBE (10 Regt RCT 84-94)
LMFAO....

Neil good to see you are hiding you identity, as am I!!!!

Its also good to see you aint gonna have that belt keeping up your trousers anymore.......

I received the hemming belt today at the core RLC day it was a special award given to me at the end of all the awards, very proud of it, one of my fellow team members had it before me.

The Hemmingway belt was re-introduced due to the fact it was "found in a cupboard" by a keen eyed G4 guru!

Hopefully it will be looked after properly in the future, as always, many of our expensive and old trophy end up lost in an RHQ display cabinet! The best way to find out who has won the belt since 92 is asking s.khan to print the names on here as the display box has all the winners etched on it (apart from the gapped years obviously).

The Hemmingway belt was re-introduced due to the fact it was "found in a cupboard" by a keen eyed G4 guru!

Hopefully it will be looked after properly in the future, as always, many of our expensive and old trophy end up lost in an RHQ display cabinet! The best way to find out who has won the belt since 92 is asking s.khan to print the names on here as the display box has all the winners etched on it (apart from the gapped years obviously).
Hi my father is Stephen Johnson and he is the man to only have won this belt 5 times . I would like to know if this belt is some where that you can go look at . I think I would like to see if I can get my father and this belt together one day

Hi janjohnson, the belt wasn't issued out this year in the sports awards i dont think but it was in 10 QOGLR in the rhq building up until this year June I think it goes back to the rlc museum I'm not too sure. Hope you find it.

The belt was awarded to a 13 AASR boxer this year, although yes the belt is now back in Deepcut. Not sure if in the museum or Dettingen House but the museum will put you on the right path.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Royal Signals 3
Mutineer AGC, RAPTC and SASC 46
Storeman Norman Current Affairs, News and Analysis 25