The Heatwave

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Run_Charlie!, Jul 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yesterday on Radio 1 the newsbeat programme was asking people to call in with horror stories about their jobs.

Chef working over ovens, mechanics wearing overalls in garages etc. Not one mention of our troops wearing body armour etc in 50c heat!

2. No doubt the Radio 1 listeners will be complaining that their bosses aren't giving them the afternoon off so that they can sit in the park and text one another rather than doing the jobs that they are paid to do.

3. Cant say I gave it a thought either.Different when your over there.They are on about the weather here not in the sandpit,why should they mention troops in body armour.

4. If it's any consolation Capital 95.8 mentioned the troops regarding this yesterday!

5. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

I still smile and shake my head when my colleagues complain about the heat. Usually takes around 15 minutes or so for one of them to ask if it reminds me of "out there".

6. It's so hot in the North East that Geordies have been reported to have entered water.

7. Yep, Episkopi sure is hot at this time of year.

8. Episkopi??? When I were a lad we used to dream of Episkopi. There were thirteen of us locked inside a steel cash-box in Khartoum and every fifteen minutes the Mad Mahdi used to roast us over an open fire and then leave us out in the baking sun with red hot cinders in our eyes.

9. Happy days! Watching the fellahin roasting over the fire was a favourite of the Fuzzy-Wuzzys and to see them laugh was a treat in itself.

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

And in the South punters have been fainting because the water shortage means there is no ice to keep their shandy cool.