The H word

Last night it was suggested that Colin Charvis may be the father of Charlotte Church's sprog. I don't know how we got there. I mentioned that surely it would be a little obvious, visually.
"Why?"
"Because he's black, well, half-cast"
Cue raised voice and a sad on for the rest of the evening, "I can't believe you said that, that's racist."

Erm what??

I appologised for my apparent transgression; for once i didn't intend to be a cunt...despite being a "sheepshagger"!

Is this word unacceptable now?

Apparently so - You have to have a crystal ball to know what you can say these days... Also see such phrases as:

Tarred with the same brush
Nitty Gritty
Rule of Thumb
and
Lemon Licker (Discovered the other day, o how I laughed)

trombone84 said:
Last night it was suggested that Colin Charvis may be the father of Charlotte Church's sprog. I don't know how we got there. I mentioned that surely it would be a little obvious, visually.
"Why?"
Cue raised voice and a sad on for the rest of the evening, "I can't believe you said that, that's racist."

Erm what??

I appologised for my apparent transgression; for once i didn't intend to be a cunt...despite being a "sheepshagger"!

YES. you sir are history's greatest monster. We are all citizens of the world, and you clearly should not comment on the fact the chap is clearly a nigger. Not the done thing. :wink:

Further to my last:

One can no longer order 'black coffee' It is only to be 'coffee without milk'. This makes the distinction between those individuals who actually make beverages from ground up africans. Hope this clears up social faux pas' in future.

dandan

Try inadvertently using the phrase 'nigger in the woodpile'! Even though it's a perfectly reasonable word for knotty wood and even if there's not a coloured chappie for miles, you should see the looks you get these days.

Harumph... gone to the dogs... National Service... flogging... only language they understand.

So I guess the following will have to change:

Whiter than White.

A whiteout (as in windblown snow)

---- washes whiter.

A White Christmas (saying, weather forecast and recording)

Outstanding said:
So I guess the following will have to change:

Whiter than White.

A whiteout (as in windblown snow)

---- washes whiter.

A White Christmas (saying, weather forecast and recording)
I'm dreaming of a snowy winter festival ...

doesn't quite work does it

smartascarrots said:
Try inadvertently using the phrase 'nigger in the woodpile'! Even though it's a perfectly reasonable word for knotty wood and even if there's not a coloured chappie for miles, you should see the looks you get these days.
Speaking of the 'N' word, ever since I found out they were making a remake of 'The Dam Busters' I've been wondering if Nigger the dog will be in it.

YouTube: A Dog Called Nigger

dandanthechainsawman said:
trombone84 said:
"Why?"

Erm what??

YES. you sir are history's greatest monster. We are all citizens of the world, and you clearly should not comment on the fact the chap is clearly a nigger. Not the done thing. :wink:
Is that why people say we have black humour?

Noticed in the BBC Comedy Connections series, that the excerpt from the Black and White Minstrals is devoid of one of its famous faces.

That really must have been the hardest editing instruction ever to arrive in the edit suite.

Don't hear much mention of "our Colonial Friends" these days. Is this because they're not our friends anymore?

Must go, the little Indian chappie from Tescos is here, with my Kenyan vegetables.

Signed: Concerned of Home Counties

I suppose that when we have a return to power cuts we will no longer be able to refer to a "black-out" due to it having "negative conurtations".

i for one, prefer the 'say what you mean' approach.

i beleive in calling a 'spade', a spade!!!

incoming?

Detonator said:
trombone84 said:
"Why?"

Erm what??

No, this is black humour :twisted:

flyboyEB said:
Detonator said:
trombone84 said:
"Why?"

Erm what??

No, this is black humour :twisted:
I've just nearly broken my back laughing!!! :D

Editted to add: I'm still laughing... I'm going to Hell for this one along with him!!! :twisted:

Nigger (in the wrong context) is the one swear word i would never speak, black people must find is very offensive, a bit like using the word cuunt in front of your mother, its really not on, purely by the amount of offence it causes.

iamaviking said:
Nigger (in the wrong context) is the one swear word i would never speak, black people must find is very offensive, a bit like using the word * in front of your mother, its really not on, purely by the amount of offence it causes.
I agree with that, but it raises another question...
Why do the gangsta/rapper type African-Americans call each other nigger?
I've never understood that :?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
trombone84 said:
Now? It's always been unacceptable, since the literal meaning is half pure. Why would one be half pure simply because one had a non-white parent?

infact are there any black Arrse posters who would comment on just how offensive the word is to them ?, or are all us white honkeys getting are knickers in a twist over nothing.

I may just be a knuckle dragging racist ape, but I've always figured if a group of black lads can go around calling theirselves by that word, then surely I can too. If not they are denying my right to use a word based on the colour of my skin, racist cnuts.