The Gunner Bar! Army vs Navy - Twickenham Sat 2 May 2009

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Crouch_and_Hold, Feb 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's that time of year pilgrims! The second largest Gunner reunion is on Sat 2 May at Twickers. Tickets and wristbands available from http://www.gunnerrugby.com/

2. Hello,M8.

Just joined the site and was wondering if u know if its same as last year ie: a Crappy Tent to get P#ssed in or is it back in the Actual bar now the Twickenham Experience is completed.

Cheers :D

3. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

That tent was not a bad idea. Everyone in there seem to enjoy it.

4. apologies if i sounded crass,prob me just being an old cinic no offence meant to anyone

5. Sorry, but I must say I found the tent in 2006 in the Stoop f***ing chippy. Mrs Back at RD's first exposure to Army social life and it's a case of "Can I get you a blue alcopop or pint of lager darling?"
    No, no, no!

6. Update: Many thanks to all who have 'booked early to avoid disappointment' but the Gunner Bar ticket and wristband allocation (1050) has now SOLD OUT. To gain access to the joint Inf/Gunner bar, tickets and wristbands are still being sold by the Infantry. Please call 01252 334415 and ask for contact details for the Infantry Bar.

Thanks
    C & H

7. GunnersQuadrant

Well that was well advertised in Larkhill............

8. GunnersQuadrant

Let me clarify the above post. When i mention Larkhill I mean RschA / 14 Regt RA.

This event is normally well publicised, well attended by the gunner community and is a bloody good event. This year however I have not seen one poster, advertisement in this months Gunner or mass email regarding tickets, wristbands anywhere.

Now I do not lay the blame for this poor display at the doors of the RHQ's of the units but solely at the main RA organiser.

Luckily the UAV boys and girls are more proactive.

For Larkhill not to be flying the flag, for shame.

9. Info passed to me by a friend in the School not via any other means less for a small advert in Gunner asking you to look at the Gunner Rugby website. Surely a full page spread with contact details would have been better? Mind you, having a look at the committee, it's v Larkhill-centric and obviously the world revolves around Larkhill for the Gunner community!!

Also, why are we sharing with the Infantry? Is it a cost thing? When was that publicised? I could have got more Inf to attend had I known!

Still, I've got tickets (and wrist bands) so I'm all right Jack! The Druidess and I will be leathered

GBTD

10. GQ and Goatbag check your PMs for response.

C_&_H

11. Got, read and replied. I await your answer back before I write anymore.

GBTD

12. For serving members - In support of the Gunner organiser, I can tell you now that every RA Warrant Officer Class One was informed about this event and where to get the tickets, I am sure they passed it on.
    For non servining members - Everyone knows the rough date it occurs. Some people just need leading by the hand! It's an Army event and not a Gunner one.

13. Great bar, good band (from next door) - less for the screaming cats, good to catch up with old friends. Nice openiing hours as well. Only criticism was that it was a little out of the way - mind you, out of sight, out of mind! A good time had by the Druidess and myself - I may have been a bit too drunk though (if there is such a thing!)

C_a_H,

Many thanks for your hard work!

GBTD

14. Does that include RASM's? After all why do they need RABSMs (read Batman) to do all their admin?