The Guardsman Beret

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by StabOfFire, Nov 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have noticed alot of the guys in guards div have beret's which seem to almost be glued to their head. I presume that there is some tailoring to parts of the beret which can't be seen when it is worn. Could anybody expand on this?
  2. Its no secret.

They use a staple gun
  3. It's called 'proper beret shaping'. It's a lesson missed out during all of STAB CMSR.
  4. Shoooooooosh you will let the secret out :wink:

2" nail was better
  5. I know its hush hush but i left out the secret secret - them painting the stapes black before loading into the Staple gun.
  6. If you can't get the shape, paint a capital H on the top and wait.................. ;)
  7. Shaping is very important.

8. Actually i was secretly hoping he would try the old "staple gun my beret to my swad" trick and then laugh my sock off when the news tonight show a man hospitalised by a staple gun incident
  9. Or the double sided tape trick ;)
  10. I wish the RTR custom of pulling it down on both sides would make a renaissance. Surely if fashion has a 20/30 year cylce the then we'll be seeing it again soon.
  11. Along with the lesson on "small crown beret". ;)
  12. Haha! Nice one Five Alpha, I shouldn't have expected a serious answer to my fairly boring question!

I haven't got a staple gun, will a nail gun work?!
  13. Try it and let us know how you get on.