The Guardian Loves Us

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Jan 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Well, maybe not, but we did make their weekend quiz last week:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
  3. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

On balance, I'll take it. Ok I find their politics not to my personal taste but you have to admire the quality of some of their journalism (hello Daily Telegraph, are you listening) and their commitment to digital.
  4. Didn't that black chap with the glasses from the Guardian read through the boards a while back? I wonder if he's out of counselling yet.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

They have just nicked one of the digatel wizzs from the Times to develope their systems.
  6. Bit left wing for my liking, but their sports section is pretty decent and I think they have one of the better literature sections

I find overall that the UK broadsheets are pretty crap, particularly on foreign affairs. If I want to read up on countries like Afghanistan, I'd go to us papers like the huffington post, far better journalism than our so-called quality papers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using ARRSE mobile app
  7. They steal from us all the time.
  8. And there was me convinced you were a republican.

Otherwise I got 3 out of 8; I am now moonwalking through the office, body popping in delight.
  9. You know the rules.
  10. I think Millvina Dean was the last survivor from the Titanic.

So now you have 2 out of 8.

What's the prize?
  11. Who could ever forget whatsisname?

12. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Hang on, are you not a scous.......

13. Wait... the Guardian actively reads this website?

I suggest we don't make up stories, that are completely false, so that they don't read them and then don't later publish them as stories... therefore not looking like twats for not falling for a practical joke. Not.

Oh btw, did you hear about Sir Mike Jackson recently? Apparently he was having wild sex parties in the 90's with lots of Swedish totty and members of the establishment? Lots of big names used to turn up... apparently John Major had a penchant for gimp suits and whips. Even Maggie used to turn up - a right goer apparently... even at her age!

The RSM's daughter's best mate's cousin told me so. Terrible business.

Or am I about to be arrested by the Twitter Police?
  14. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Robbie the Bruce
    Titanic's last survivor
    2 and 3
    It doesn't exist
    Watership Down
    Gothic rap artists.

(Couple of guesses in there)
  15. Would you mind explaining, sir, how you happen to come by any knowledge whatsoever of that vicious, seditious, malicious, pernicious and self-deluded organ? I think we should be told.