The Green Zone --- Matt Damon, Paul Greengrass

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by SOLO, Mar 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you have to see it, go on a Wednesday and orange.

Good first 30 minutes, but defiantly not worth paying full price to see...

And doesn’t exactly portray British forces in a good light!

Very Bourne- he still like to run lots and not say much; but not at his best.

2. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Thanks for the heads up.....I want to see it because I spent a few days on the set as one of the military extras........mixed reviews...I heard an interview with the Director Paul Greengrass on R4 yesterday - I think he wanted to make a documentary but knew he had to sex it ip for the box office........won't waste my time trying to drag Erin Dawes along but would like to see it on the big screen just to see how many faces I recognise :)

( You know you're in trouble when you're clocking the 'background artistes' rather than the main characters in a film - and wondering which Agency they're signed with - and how come YOURS didn't get the work ! )

Goats

3. Every time I see Matt Damon I just get the clips of Team America in my head, no matter what he's doing (usually the same old balls regardless of the film itself, he's rather one dimensional)...

4. Disagree on the 1 dimensional aspect, Damon has been involved in quite a few good movies, without mentioning, SPR, or Bourne.

The Talented Mr. Ripley

Courage Under Fire

The Rainmaker

The Departed

Good Will Hunting

Rounders

I have just watched the "Informant", Damon plays his part really well and is nothing like any of his other characters.

5. I wouldn't agree either. Adding to Spank It's list, one of his best to date was - 'The Good Shepherd'.

6. Oh come on, everything he does he pulls the same faces and actions. Every line he says he does in the same fashion no matter what film he's doing. Playing different genres doesn't change that.

7. In what way does it not portray the Brits in a good light, Solo?

8. I have heard rumours from people working as extras on Matt Damon films that anyone caught doing the team america Maaaaatt daaaamon mlarr voice will be immediatly fired.

I would like to think that it haunts his every dream.

9. Count yourself lucky. Whenever I hear his name I get that sodding Sarah Silverman song stuck in my head. :x

10. I quite like Matt Damon

11. They filmed a bit of this over on the Pyestock site alongside Farnborough airfield.

12. At least you're not fucking Matt Damon

13. Don't you just love it

14. Then there is her hubby's response

15. Fight you for him!

Well I'm biased I think he's well fit. As a side note he has played a variety of characters in films quite well for such a young actor. Reckon as he gets older that will improve somewhat.

As for Green Zone I enjoyed it, wouldn't say it was brilliant/amazing, not many films I have seen recently are unfortunately.