The Green Mile's Big John Coffey is Dead

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Tremaine, Sep 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Michael Clark Duncan dies at age 54. "John Coffey. Like the drink, only not spelled the same". Stephen King's sympathetic character and force of nature in The Green Mile, was fried, for crimes he never committed. MCD's other credits were “Armageddon,” "Planet of The Apes", “The Whole Nine Yards” and “Sin City" and a lot more . A lot of us will have The Green Mile on our shelves I reckon, and you might say John Coffey raised a lot of sympathy. RIP big man.
    Michael Clarke Duncan dead at 54:

2. Morning trig

3. Good, that animal killed two young girls and deserved to die.

I was however, under the impression that he was originally killed via the electric chair.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Damn, I wanted him to heal me.

He was like a cool Forrest Gump in that film!

5. Never seen the film. Sounds something like a combination of The Shawshank Redemption and Forest Gump, both of which make we want to puke.

6. just kill yourself now

7. So what killed him, his rampant vegetarianism or sucking the shit out of Tom Hank's bell end?

• Like Like x 1
  8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Well that's fucked up Finder then!

9. Apart from the fact it was cancelled a while back. Just as it was getting really good to.

10. I defy those who have seen "The Green Mile" to say it didn't get dusty while watching it. Pity he didnt take up acting when he was younger. RIP

11. Green mile...bloody great film....and a great actor....

12. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

he did allright in a few flicks allthough not sure about the scorpion king. the finder was good though, I wonder if being cancelled in may had anything to do with it as it was just before his heart attack

13. steroids!

14. Not dead, just gone to Mouseville

• Like Like x 1