The Greatest TV Shows of All Time

The company that supplied the wargame setup in Callan (the movie) is still in business I am glad to say.

I'm. Sorry to be at odds with most on here but I found Edward woodwood very wooden an stilted in his acting, not one of the greats imho.

CHICK3N

Old-Salt
I'm. Sorry to be at odds with most on here but I found Edward woodwood very wooden an stilted in his acting, not one of the greats imho.
His choice in wife was good though…Michele Dotrice was quite fit in her hey day.

WhiteCrane

Old-Salt
Watched this when the school was shut because we had a couple of inches of snow. I'd walked in as usual and there were about 9 kids in the history lesson and the teacher gave us all a boll0cking on behalf of those who hadn't showed. Along the lines of "How do you think they cope in Russia....etc". I remember thinking "Hang on, we turned up, tell them, not us." I didn't say it to him as he had been known to hang kids out of his first floor window and in the first year he banged a couple of classmates' heads into lockers for talking. Good teacher though, old school.

Great "mini-series" before the term was invented. Another good one a few years later was about the Aussies in Vietnam.

syrup

LE
As Arthur Daley once said to Terry McCann, "Don't say fings like that Terry, Harrods is only round the corner." An epic line from Minder in the good old days.

George Cole once said when asked about their relationship

I taught him how to do the Times Crossword and he taught me how to swear in public

I read yesterday that D.W. had a $250,000 contract in the 60's for t.v. in the U.S.A

He spent 6 months in Hollywood being spoiled and 6 months in his parents council house as his dad wouldn't give up his job on the railway earning £9 per week

Latest Threads