THE greatest Rock n Roll moment ever....

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by LoneTree, Oct 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Be it Lemmy screeching down the mike at Wolverhampton civic hall .. Bob Geldoff askin for " YOUR FUCKIN MONEY NOW !! ".. Or even the Pistols on Grundy.. Whats your fave Rock n Roll moment.. heres mine..

Keith Moon´s drum kit explodes - YouTube ... Fuckin legend. Shame I never got to see the guy.

2. Hmmm, still got to be Queen playing the Live aid gig at Wembley.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Watching 'Them Crooked Vultures' perform at Cologne, Josh Homme brings out a bottle of absolute vodka, and proceeds to knock about half a bottle back in one swig - just incase the crowd don't believe it's vodka he passed it to some lad on the front row who took a massive gulp expecting it to be it was vodka! As the quickly turning green lad announced.

He carried on singing and playing as if he had drank nothing in weeks, now thats Rock and Roll!

4. I saw TCV in Blackpool and it was possibly one of the best gigs I've ever been to. However, for sheer showmanship and crowd stealing, it has to be Queen's slot at Live Aid. 20 Minutes of pure musical perfection.

Queen - Live Aid - Part 1 (1/5) - YouTube
    • Like Like x 1
  5. May 5th, 1982, Eilenriedehalle, Hanover. Queen at the peak of their slump. Camp Freddie throwing a real tantrum, as most of the claimed 9000 (bollocks) were there for the support act After The Fire, and hit the bar while he flounced about the stage.
  6. Lone Tree; that was good but, their first performance of "My Generation" on "Top of The Pops" was like a nuclear explosion and i remember it! For me, it was the song that changed pop music - for the better! Prior to that, everyone sange neat love songs wearing suits with polished shoes. The Who turned that on it's head in around 2 mins 50 seconds!

Saw them live in 1973 in Bremen - still remember "Young Man's Blues" with crystal clarity.
  7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

it has to have been the very first time Tom Jones mopped his brow with a pair of knickers that was thrown on stage by one of his girlie fans. that was rock history there and then.

seeing Nirvana in 1991 was fairly rock n'roll too.
  8. Mine was being crushed against the stage at the London Calling gig in 1980 and having Joe Strummer's sweat dripping down on me. I haven't washed since ...
  9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Saw them play Quadrophinia in Hyde Park with David Gilmour on guitar alonside Townsend awsome

Not bad here either

Concert for NYC.

The Who-Won't Get Fooled Again@Concert For New York City 4/4 - YouTube
  10. Madness on the tv show "the young ones" when Rick Mayel said "do you know living doll by Cliff Richard" and Suggs replied " you hum it and il smash your face in"
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Bon Scott choking to death on his own vomit. That is a true rock star death.
  12. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

'you cant really dust for vomit, can you?'
  13. He copied that off Hendricks.
  14. True. But still a stylish death nonetheless.