The great thing about not planning

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Snow_White, Sep 14, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and self-doubt.

Not that I absolutely subscribe to this, but I did have to spend most of yesterday persuading a colleague that it was better to spend the day believing everything was going to get done, (and it did) because then, even if it doesn't, at least you hadn't made yourself miserable catastrophising in the meantime.

Although I suppose catastrophising can be fun too.
  2. but the bad thing is usually - peoples lives are in the balance in our work place environment - so why leave it to chance?

3. No-one's going to die if a business plan doesn't get out on time.

But yes, of course it depends what you're talking about.
  4. Dunno - you havent met my Managin Director.

5. Neo

Neo Clanker

Currently reading a brilliant book about the disaster that was Galipolli, Lord Kitchener said to the General "off you go train leaves tomorrow at 5!!!!" no planning there!!!!He even first penned it as the Constantinople Missionary Expedition until reminded that this was the secret location of the end result, which was to give the Russians Constantinople/Bezantine/Istanbul or whatever to allow them to return Christianity. On this occassion a little bit of planning may have helped somewhat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And sending a general with no experience of this geographic area, a bullet wounded deformity of the leg and no use of his left hand due to other war "trophies"!!!!!!!!! could also have proved to be a bit of a historic 'faux pas

Sorry was I getting all serious then? Just showing people I am not just a northern monkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Northern twat.... Everyone knows Gallipoli failed because we sent criminals to do a mans job. B*stards can't even play rugby.
  7. Remembering the old adage of the "off the cuff" brigade:

"Plan early, plan twice" :twisted:
  8. All my best impromptu speeches are written well in advance.