The Great South Run

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Goatman, Oct 25, 2008.

1. sh1ts and giggles

2. a sense of worth

3. the lack of a taxi

4. no good reason that I can determine

0 vote(s)
  5. all sorts of different reasons

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Good luck to all the Arrsers running the Great South in the morning:

.Dolly - Running her third race of the year for Combat Stress

Funky Gibbon - running for Royal Marsden Cancer Fund

Ventress - running for Help for Heroes

Goatman - running for BLESMA

If you are running - let us know !

Forecast from local radio station WAVE 105 here:

Light rain

Max: 14 °c
    Min: 5 °c

(warmer than this morning then......)

Still, the sight of Paula Radcliffe crossing the finish line as I enter the Naval Dockyard will make me laugh....oh my aching sides......

Le Chevre
  2. D Coy 3PWRR will be there, running for CHICKS.
  3. CPO(D) Ian 'Scouse' Fleming and a team from the Defence Diving School running for the Meningitis Trust. Ian's step-daughter Claire died from meningitis and two of the team will be wearing RN diving gear weighing around 98 lbs.

Former CPO(MW) Dorian 'Simmo' Simmonds running for the Crohn's in Childhood Research Association. His 11-year old daughter Neve has been suffering from Crohn's Disease for the past four years.
  4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Good on you guys.....just hoping the weather is less of a mare than it was last year...

I won't see any hyperfit divers after the off - my training has been utterly pants.....I'll be lucky to get to The Victory without having to mug a six year old for its rollerblades....

.dolly will be nailing my hands onto the zimmer frame and waving me a fond farewell about Mile 3 I think...

<< BUMP -MERDE IL PLEUT ! >>

(strangely looking fwd to it though - if only for the Samba band and a pint of Guinnes at the end :-D )
  5. Live on Channel 5 now. 47 Regt RA from Thorney Island pulling a Land Rover for Help for Heroes.

6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Wow....I saw the 47 AD Regt guys heaving that lannie along and they weren't hanging around....good effort fellers.....I found it tough enough carrying my own not inconsiderable bulk around the rain sodden streets of Pompey.

Big up to the 3 PWRR guys (and at least one gal) who I saw scurrying past in full CS95 with bergens

Arrsers will be pleased to hear that .dolly crunched her last of three runs to raise money forn Combat Stress with a rattling performance.

Limping past the Mile 9 board I glanced round at a cry of
    'Let's BURN it !! ' and there's a wild eyed bedraggled blonde with a loose shoelace speeding up as she closed in on 1 hr 39 minutes.

Not too dusty for a half pint - good on yer .dolly !

Ventress - how did it go ? At least the seagulls weren't going backwards as we passed the Yomper this year ?

Bravo Zulu to everyone who got wet in a good cause......I'll be with the Portsmouth Samba Band watching y' all pound past next year (trust me on this :-D )

Lastly -

Dear Royal British Legion how about just ONE charity tent at next year's event where anyone running for a Service -related charity could find a friendly welcome ?

Reckon you could have sold 19,000 poppies as well, without trying too hard.....

Le Chevre
  7. Well done to all the 3PWRR lads - we finished in 2 hours 1 minute each carrying 15 - 20kg

Will pull a couple of photos of facebook!
  8. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Thanks Grip,

oh and for those who didn't notice, this lady casually knocked half a minute off a British record which had stood for 17 years.........

Fill your boots Cuddles !

NYC - here she comes.......

Don Cabra
  9. Paula Radcliffe in 51 minutes! When I think that the fastest I've ever run 10 miles in is 64 mins...