The Great MP Fightback

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Auld-Yin, Jun 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It's started folks. The first parliamentary committee to say MPs are hard done to.

The right of MPs to a fair hearing.

These guys just don't give up, or learn do they?

2. With a bit of luck most of them will be out on their arse next year, the rotten ones from all three parties! Is this not some attempted to feather their nests/avoid investigations whilst the robbing is still good?

3. To be honest, the whole Bill is a complete f**K up, stiched together by a one eyed tw*t too eager to grab head lines rather than sort the problem out.

One example. "Parliamentary proceedings to be admitted as evidence in criminal proceedings. " Currently an MP can stand up in the Commons and stay pretty much what he likes about issues that the public is restrained from speaking about for fear of being nicked, say an Offical secret. Under this botched f**k up an excuse for a bill any statement could be used in a Court of Law as evidence.

I'm making it slightly oversimple as I've not got time to dig deeper. BUT. An MP can only truly be effective if what they say in the Commons is protected from the Courts. Imagine the fun and games if just mentioning how much ID cards cost to set up was liable to get an MP nicked. Or how many illegals were in the UK?

4. A complete fiction.

Parliament is not in any way bound by nor can it pray in aid of the protective cloak of Human Rights. In fact they expressly exempted themselves under section 6(3)(b) Human Rights Act 1998.

Having cast themselves adift from its burdens, they cannot now seek to claim its benefits - sentit commodum sentire, debet et onus et e contra

As usual there is as much rubbish sprouted about Human Rights as there is about Health & Safety, Data Protection and the European Union!

5. Well, the EHRA has already been abused by killers, sex-offenders, illegal immigrants, drug-dealers, pikies and lawyers.

Frankly, MP's are the only scum left who have'nt tried the EHRA get-out-of-jail-free-card. :roll:

Blair, for introducing the EHRA alone, I hope you and your ugly whore of a wife are raped and tortured to death. :x

6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

dont sit on the fence now, will you.

7. I know; I should just tell you all how I really feel... :D

8. As usual there is as much rubbish sprouted about Human Rights as there is about Health & Safety, Data Protection and the European Union!

9. And an even bigger amount of cr@p spoken by those who defend the EHRA - or the Scum Protection Act, as I prefer to call it. :roll:

10. And an even bigger amount of cr@p spoken by those who defend the EHRA - or the Scum Protection Act, as I prefer to call it. :roll:

11. Can you prove any of that? What exactly is the EHRA by the way? Perhaps as the font of all knowledge, you could enlighten us?

12. Proof, PROOF?

Have you gone mad?

13. Not me, but I get the feeling that a certain cretin may have made yet another prize c*nt of himself. He should stick to his Ninja/SF fantasies.

14. And you and your whore - sorry, wife - should stick to Crown Prosecution Service version of ARRSE... :roll:

15. Proof? How about the millions claimed in compensation by convicted sex offenders, drug dealers etc because slopping out was a breach of their "human rights"? Just for starters.

Ironically, the European Human Rights Act is only used by SUB-humans(criminals, lawyers etc). REAL people don't seem to need it.