The Great Escape

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by OldRedCap, Oct 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How did that dog escape - see the answer

We had a MP dog in Cyprus. Civilian claimed he had been walking past stores depot and the dog jumped on himand inflicted serious injury. The dog walk was alongside a 10' fence and the mutt would have had to get over that. All claimed impossible until I put a suit on and repeated the civvy's walk. Bloody dog too a run at the fence and scrambled over easy as pie. Turned out he was a transfer from Canal Zone and handlers there taught them this handy trick.
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Shouldnt this be either in the dogs section, mil hist or Naafi?
  3. On a Falklands tour soon after the war, I was ordered to apologise to one of the (deleted) landlords who was demanding compensation for sheep that had escaped through gates left open by soldiers driving BV206s. I thought my lads had been quite good about looking after the gates and fences, but we were obviously the only suspects for miles around. I met the farmer by one of the gates in question. After I'd dutifully apologised on behalf of HMG, we sat and admired the view over San Carlos. At that point, a section of sheep bimbled up to the gate. One after the other, they dropped to the ground and wriggled through the 6" gap at the bottom of the gate like a line of woolly commandos. The last sheep - a fat bugger - had two attempts at getting under the gate, then took a run up and managed to get her front legs over. A mad scramble, thrashing legs, and what looked like a painful landing, and the sheep was over. I withdrew HMG's apologies....

(Gratuitous gun picture added to make topic vaguely relevant...)

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Naafi deffo!
    What the hell keep it coming!
  5. The video gave me a good laugh :D