Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The great Covid 19 consumer rip-off

My hair dresser hasn’t had a penny out of me since March.
Mrs does the hair now, that’s proper Covidnomics

Yeah but...
images.jpeg

My hair dresser hasn’t had a penny out of me since March.

Same here, my barber has been binned, my 16 year old grandsons training establishment is now one day a week, and so he cuts my hair, and he get the cash.

Reports coming in this morning in my area, bog roll bandits and long life milk muggers out in force.

May the Mong be with them.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Same here, my barber has been binned, my 16 year old grandsons training establishment is now one day a week, and so he cuts my hair, and he get the cash.
And you get nice patterns carved into your hair, and a man bun....

You give him 1/-6 for the haircut, and a red face when he asks you if you want something for the weekend?

Very basic market research on Sunday in Salisbury Tescos

Toilet rolls were on the shelves.

Part empty shelves were - Painkillers, pasta & pizza sauces, big packs of pasta and big packs of sugar

These could be panic buyers, or they could be just have been getting near to closing time and not restocked.

F71561F4-6C6E-405B-8843-F5F96F57A70D.jpeg
FC8D33EA-7622-46C5-89E5-2EC0B85BCB8C.jpeg
6067C8CC-7013-445C-8869-19894C661D47.jpeg

A bloke along our lane has a Covid related problem.
He was due to have a holiday this year, then like lots of other people it all stopped. The holiday firm have been fine and another holiday has been arranged for sometime in the future.
As a part of his holiday plans, he arranged for a house sitter to come and look after his two dogs and a cat. The people arranging the sitter act as a an agency putting sitters and housesits together.
The agency are refusing to refund their booking fee some £600.00. They claim that on their booking form it states that no refunds will be given They have offered to hold the blokes money and re do the booking when required. Understandably he does not want any more to do with them They have offered a 50% refund.
He has looked at the legal aspect and thinks he has a chance at the small claims court.
Anyone been in a similar position, if so what happened?