Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The great Covid 19 consumer rip-off

Yeah the little blue ones were really salty.

Waitrose do/did 'salt your own' crisps.

Now you mention it, I remember there was crisp brand reintroducing the salt bag. Looks like Walkers still do it though I've never noticed them in the shops, probably cos I wasn't looking for them.

Dentists are scum if they are doing this, a long time ago I had a fking boring job in NHS pensions and Dentists earned so much money they had an earning cap on their pension of about 250k per year (this being 25 years ago).

The grabbing scum, I am fcking fuming...

Sexton Blake

War Hero
I noticed the price of dogs went through the roof when lockdown began. Whether there has been an Increase in demand when walking a dog was a legitinate excuse to be outdoors I can only guess.

The breeder that we used has been asking people not to purchase these dogs as it encourages puppy farms.

Our dog was about £900 2 years ago, and that was from a legit breeder. People are charging £3000 now for the same.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Decimalisation, all prices rounded up plus.

Transfer of married man's allowance, far less actually transfered to the spouce.

Reduction in world oil price, no comparable reduction on pump price.
6d a gallon on the price of petrol because of Suez. Still not reduced...

chimera

LE
My offer is car cleaning.

Booked my car into the valet I always use in Falmouth (an occasional treat but this time I am tarting it up to sell it).

Was £35 but, as explained to me due to C19 and increases in his ‘materials’ is now £40.

I for one will now hang back on re-marbling my second bathroom until at least 2021.

Assuming that you are using an Eastern European pikey who only got out of the back of a truck trailer last week, at least you can be assured that he isn't paying Income Tax, National Insurance (or indeed any other sort of insurance), VAT, etc, and that the extra few quid you are giving him will go towards paying back the Albanian gangster that has his passport locked in a safe.

Sexton Blake

War Hero
Assuming that you are using an Eastern European pikey who only got out of the back of a truck trailer last week, at least you can be assured that he isn't paying Income Tax, National Insurance (or indeed any other sort of insurance), VAT, etc, and that the extra few quid you are giving him will go towards paying back the Albanian gangster that has his passport locked in a safe.
Nope,

He is as Cornish as they come. We don’t get Albanian types down here you know.

That said, these Albanians you mention, would they be any good at tarting up my Ford Focus? Only 85k on the clock.

Dr Death

War Hero
Its PANIC BUY TIME yes go to any local supermarket & watch Mrs Chav buying enough loo rolls to invite the whole of a small regiment round for sex & crumpets. Why are these fecktards allowed to do this??

In fact why are they allowed to breed?
Surely chemical castration/sterilisation is better?

So loo roll, pasta, flour & eggs in short supply but plenty of mr kipling cakes on shelves!!!

I noticed the price of dogs went through the roof when lockdown began. Whether there has been an Increase in demand when walking a dog was a legitinate excuse to be outdoors I can only guess.
Similiar with used cars over here at the moment.

Thanks to people being scared to take public transport, used car sales are (only just) keeping us in the red, along with car warranty servicing.

Its PANIC BUY TIME yes go to any local supermarket & watch Mrs Chav buying enough loo rolls to invite the whole of a small regiment round for sex & crumpets. Why are these fecktards allowed to do this??

In fact why are they allowed to breed?
Surely chemical castration/sterilisation is better?

So loo roll, pasta, flour & eggs in short supply but plenty of mr kipling cakes on shelves!!!
What's COVID like in your neck of the woods at the moment? We got over our TP hoarding back in April when it dawned on these idiots that the imaginary forecast shortages didn't happened.

hand pumped pressure sprayer - Used for spraying anti moss chemicals around the pool or weed killer or by many gardners to spray roses - tomatoes -potatoes etc with anti mildew/ blight treatments

cheap one 15 euros decent one about 30 euros

Went to look for a replacement a few weeks back 85 euroes for a crap one because it has an anti covid19 sticker on it and can spray bleach

2nd word i utterred was off

Similiar with used cars over here at the moment.

Thanks to people being scared to take public transport, used car sales are (only just) keeping us in the red, along with car warranty servicing.
There are easier ways of keeping in the red.

Latex gloves. We sell them in boxes of 100. Most customers buy 10 boxes at a time and, since lock down, we're only selling them to our regular garage customers.

Back in February, I bought a single box for under 4 quid trade. I took a single box to a customer last week and he paid £30.60! Luckily, he's badly injured one hand, so the gloves will last longer.

It isn't us profiteering, we're making less than £1 on a box.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

Latest Threads