Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The BSBB - Barking Spiders' Bradford Balti

• Sparky2339s' Auld Reekie Bhuna

• Hanks' extremely 'Girlie' Korma

• Total voters
Okay, that's it for the Great ARRSE Curry Competition entries, we have 7 ARRSE Member Ruby Murray Entries and the Poll has now been started and will end in 6 days time, after which the entry with the most votes will be declared the Winner...

Good Luck all you Curry Cooking Kings...

:wink:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I voted for Barking Spider because his recipe has the key characteristics of 'quick' and 'easy'.

The 7 steps to curry heaven look easy, but it's a long walk to Aldershot from Blandford (where the Simla does very good scoff....)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
BarkingSpider said:
As a devout curry eater of many years I'm pleased to see that it may actually have a medical benefit:

A curry a day could keep dementia away
It is the standard treatment for colds and flu in my house. Clears temperature, runny nose and headache.

Swine flu? Just hit it with a mega-hot curry. It won't stand a chance.

Grownup_Rafbrat said:
BarkingSpider said:
As a devout curry eater of many years I'm pleased to see that it may actually have a medical benefit:

It is the standard treatment for colds and flu in my house. Clears temperature, runny nose and headache.

Dicky tummy?

Curry, the spicier the better. (not necessarily hotter).

All those spices get your digestive juices working overtime. Hey presto, no more dicky tummy. Works for me anyway.

And if you have a live yoghurt dip to go with it, the yoghurt also helps to sort out the dicky tummy.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
BarkingSpider said:
Grownup_Rafbrat said:
BarkingSpider said:

Dicky tummy?

Curry, the spicier the better. (not necessarily hotter).

All those spices get your digestive juices working overtime. Hey presto, no more dicky tummy. Works for me anyway.

And if you have a live yoghurt dip to go with it, the yoghurt also helps to sort out the dicky tummy.
We'd better stop this now, or the NHS drug and vaccine budget will be reduced by 99% and diverted to purchasing curry!

Having tried most of the curries listed above, I have to say that barking spiders one is very good, so, he got my vote.

I set the Poll to end in 6 days so it should be sometime on the morning of 29th when all voting stops...

The BSBB is currently leading by a whisker :wink:

Gundulph said:
I set the Poll to end in 6 days so it should be sometime on the morning of 29th when all voting stops...

The BSBB is currently leading by a whisker :wink:
I'm going to register a load of sockpuppet arrse accounts and vote myself into history... :D

If one person tries it and likes it I'll be happy (and I see that's happened already). Feel the lurrrve. :lol:

hank

War Hero
Hey, this is better than Zimbabwe, I've just realised that I can vote for myself! Playing the JFK/Mayor Daly card, if anyone else wants to vote for my obviously infinitely superior pure bloody genius recipe I will guarantee a very interesting photograph of a nice furry pussy by PM.

Barking Spidey deserves to. Excellent Curry. :D

The base sauce I used, and it's extensions, to be honest, needs to be tried over and over again. Experience allows you to tweak it. You also need to add the raw meat and the veg at some point later on.

I had to cook for hundreds, so mis en plas was a must. Prep, prep, prep!

I was lucky; in that the folks that were repeat customers (Hindi, Islami, Jocki etc) knew it was a basic recipe, but one their own families had used and then expanded upon.

The connossuers (Frog sp??) on this thread have proved that a "curry" has become as normal as cheese on toast.

The recipes/versions I've seen on this thread have had me shouting and swearing at my computer's screen!!! It's a pleasure to see such knowledge out there.

I stand in awe of your culinary skills and eagerness to embrace other culture's flavours.

May the best Curry Wallah win!! :D

p.s.

Haggis is the food of the gods - all else is a poor imitation...........

Sparky2339 said:
p.s.

Haggis is the food of the gods - all else is a poor imitation...........
You could be right there Sparky, one of the best meals I have tasted was in Fort William in a restaurant above a Pub 2 years ago, the meal was Chicken stuffed with Haggis in a Whisky based sauce - Bloody Marvelous!!! but then I would probably have said the same about any meal at that time as I was starving from my last day walking the West Highland Way 8O

Gundulph said:
You could be right there Sparky, one of the best meals I have tasted was in Fort William in a restaurant above a Pub 2 years ago, the meal was Chicken stuffed with Haggis in a Whisky based sauce - Bloody Marvelous!!! but then I would probably have said the same about any meal at that time as I was starving from my last day walking the West Highland Way 8O
Take hexy, take rat packs. Take tinned food (booze), take bog roll....

Like the Midges give a fcuk!!!! :D

Avon skin so soft is Midge Kryptonite, just dinny let it taint your brew or meal.

Filleted chicken breast, stuffed with haggis, now and again wrapped in bacon to keep it moist is Fab!!! I agree.

Stornoway black pudding and beetroot slices has to be tasted to be beleived (thank you Gran and Gramps).

Funny thing about tastes from "across the border"/regional dishes blah blah, is..

I developed a love for dandelion and burdock.

Hard to beleive that we live on a bunch of islands (some bigger than others) and we're not on a continent, when you see the variations in food we are heir to.

Vesta ready meals - may you burn in hell.

Went through all my rations by that final morning! my whole aim of the final day was to stop off at the Pub on the slopes of Ben Nevis for a few Ice Cold Magners before hitting Fort William for a meal that would feed 10 Civvies, I got kind of 'stuck' at the Ben Nevis Pub as it just so happened to coincide with the "3 Peaks" the Pub was packed and was good fun to be in that day...

Gundulph said:
Went through all my rations by that final morning! my whole aim of the final day was to stop off at the Pub on the slopes of Ben Nevis for a few Ice Cold Magners before hitting Fort William for a meal that would feed 10 Civvies, I got kind of 'stuck' at the Ben Nevis Pub as it just so happened to coincide with the "3 Peaks" the Pub was packed and was good fun to be in that day...
:D :D :D

Aye, we have a saying for yon kind of situation..

Ye were captured!! hahahahaha.

"Ach i'm tired, i need to put my feet up, n i want a drink..."

Hey, it happened to me in Shoreditch and Hackney - lovely people, salt of the earth them Londoners, treated me like one of their own. But I'm a bit speshull....

I love jellied eels!!!

A couple of days to go on the Great ARRSE Curry Competition Poll voting...

Barking Spider's Bradford Balti is currently still in top position...

Only 16 Votes... 8O

A few more hours of voting... Barking Spiders' Bradford Balti is still in Numero Uno position...

Congratulations on the Winning Entry - The BSBB - Barking Spiders' Bradford Balti

Can you PM me with your mailing address and any message you would like us to put in there alongside the signatures? the book will be signed after the current book that is up for auction over in the Charity section and sent at the end of next week...

Thanks to everyone who joined in with the Ruby Murray Competition...

Appreciated.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks for organising it Gundulph.

Loo rolls have been occupying fridges all over the country as a result!!!!!

Grownup_Rafbrat said:
Thanks for organising it Gundulph.

Loo rolls have been occupying fridges all over the country as a result!!!!!
You're more than welcome GRB, if I were totally honest there was also a self, self reason behind the competition, a new shop has opened in Sarajevo called Condimento that has all the ingredients for Indian & Chinese food, I was like a pig in the proverbial there last week and came out with bags of Basmati & Jasmine rice, spring roll making kit and loads of curry pastes, chinese mushrooms and stir fry sauces so needed some decent recipes 8)

Where better to find them than here in ARRSE...

Latest Threads