The Graun is about to do a hatchet job on the armed forces and is looking for ammo...

Well that didn't take long to fill in. My only complaint was Sodexo not serving fried chicken and water melon on a daily basis........
The complaint should be that Sodexo was racist in only serving food that a specific race of people liked, and ignored the other races they are paid to serve

And am speaking from perspective of eating at Sodexo catering at both military and civilian workplaces, and there's definitely no racial complaints at their civilian workplaces

And this one is going piss off a lot of military who have had to endure breakfast; not only can you get more than one ******* sausage at Sodexo civilian kitchen, you would gladly pay for their sausages

Last edited:

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The complaint should be that Sodexo was racist in only serving food that a specific race of people liked, and ignored the other races they are paid to serve

And am speaking from perspective of eating at Sodexo catering at both military and civilian workplaces, and there's definitely no racial complaints at their civilian workplaces

And this one is going piss off a lot of military who have had to endure breakfast; not only can you get more than one ******* sausage at Sodexo civilian kitchen, you would gladly pay for their sausages
Unlike a Submariner who gets all the free sausage they want.

:D

I remember once being told, possibly by the master chef at 12 Armd Wksp, that at an RAF base, an airman once approached his RAF master chef to ask about kosher food. The latter quietly made some changes to accommodate the Jewish lad, and the station, completely unaware, complimented the master chef on the improvement to the menu.
On similar lines:
When Peter Levene was first made Def Procurement boss man, he took a tour of BAOR.
At, I think, Bielefeld, they did the decent and 'kosherised' a kitchen (at expense great) to prepare his meals.
Imagine their chagrin when his aide approached the Master Chef, thanked him for the effort and an excellent luncheon, and said 'but you might like to know the Boss had a bacon sarnie for breakfast this morning'.

View attachment 422046 ' I joined the Kings African Rifles as a cook, and rose to the rank of FM. No complaints from Me'.... :rolleyes:
"And I still like to do the odd bit of cooking ... especially when one of the lads annoys me."

On a more sober note, I quote from Wikipedia: "In 1946, he joined the King's African Rifles (KAR) of the British Colonial Army as a cook. He rose to the rank of lieutenant, taking part in British actions against Somali rebels in the Shifta War and then the Mau Mau rebels in Kenya.".

I'd heard we'd done the odd bit of brutality here and there, but letting an Army cook loose upon the enemy is just depraved. I wonder if that's where he developed a taste for long pig?

Last edited:
I remember once being told, possibly by the master chef at 12 Armd Wksp, that at an RAF base, an airman once approached his RAF master chef to ask about kosher food. The latter quietly made some changes to accommodate the Jewish lad, and the station, completely unaware, complimented the master chef on the improvement to the menu.
Quite a good dodge on some airlines to tick the kosher meal box when booking a flight. The scoff tends to be a little better than the usual airline slop.

Every single person on the planet could tell you a story of someone in their lives that treated them poorly and to different extents.
I was served a less than average cocktail from a local bartender whilst I was at an exclusive All-Inclusive and ridiculously expensive hotel in Jamaica 22 years ago.

I did pick-up on the racial undertones at the time but let it go, as it was usual for the staff to treat wealthy white folk with disgust and disdain.

Whom do I contact to complain as seek instant justice and compensation?

Mrsheeny

Old-Salt
I was served a less than average cocktail from a local bartender whilst I was at an exclusive All-Inclusive and ridiculously expensive hotel in Jamaica 22 years ago.

I did pick-up on the racial undertones at the time but let it go, as it was usual for the staff to treat wealthy white folk with disgust and disdain.

Whom do I contact to complain as seek instant justice and compensation?
Seek reparations, Im currently in the process of doing so due to the blisters my ancestors got on their hands from using whips on the slave ships.

£4,000,000 should do, it would make me feel a lot better, until it ran out anyway.

Perhaps she would care to check her own newspapers files...

1939 RAF colour bar lifted.

June 1944, Air Ministry order to commanding officers "Any instance of discrimination on grounds of colour should be immediately and severely checked."

Had the Dambusters raid been launched in July 44 instead of May 43 would this mean that the success codeword would have been changed?

Back in the late 1990s I was able to upset my SSM when I changed my religion from C of E to Humanist and told him that if he tried to make me attend church parades I would put in a formal complaint of religious harrassment.

It was worth it just to see the look on his face. I managed to keep a straight face for about 30 seconds before I started laughing... ;-)

Perhaps she would care to check her own newspapers files...

1939 RAF colour bar lifted.

June 1944, Air Ministry order to commanding officers "Any instance of discrimination on grounds of colour should be immediately and severely checked."

Had the Dambusters raid been launched in July 44 instead of May 43 would this mean that the success codeword would have been changed?

At least the Dambusters weren't racist, they had a black dog

Serious dit.
I always said I was an atheist, and was always told that I had to put C/E. I was ordered to attend a church parade in Boz, after I said, yet again, that I was an atheist. After a bit of a stand off, I backed down. Mainly because of threats from the platoon Sgt.

At 10 sigs I approached the cook house Sgt C****** H*****, and asked about some kippers, about a week later, there were kippers for breakfast, all this way back in 1974.

[/QUOTE]
I think the solicitor was a bit wide of the mark saying the Army hadn't taken reasonable steps to combat the behaviour. The armed forces probably do more than any other company or organisation. Even that belter, the undercover soldier, had to admit it was being stamped on du
I found the British Army to be far less racist than the normal UK population around the mid-Sixties. When I first travelled to the UK to join up, I had to wait around six months for all the paperwork. In that time I was routinely called a "Paddy bastard" and turned away from shops because: "We don't serve you Mick twäts" etc. Even the Old Bill in London were openly racist and even asked me what I was doing with "those n******s" when I was just walking along the street with my two mates from Grenada.

In the British Army, however, it was "equal opportunity racism". Or, to be more exact, it was "anywhere-elseism". They'd call me a "Paddy twät" (or worse), but others were called "Geordie twäts" or "Scouse twäts", "Taffy twäts", "Jock twäts", the list goes on. There was really no animosity involved, it was just squaddies being squaddies. And I never once experienced anyone rushing to the Razzman because they felt slighted in some way.

MsG
What about when they shot your family?

What about when they shot your family?

Seek reparations, Im currently in the process of doing so due to the blisters my ancestors got on their hands from using whips on the slave ships.

£4,000,000 should do, it would make me feel a lot better, until it ran out anyway.
It's no wonder we lost our Empire and the respect of nations. It's the slaves they were supposed to whip, not the bloody ships!!!

Latest Threads