The Graun is about to do a hatchet job on the armed forces and is looking for ammo...

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Whatever became of @mintymcginty - a Grauniad hack but well thought of on ARRSE once upon a time?

Hopefully this current exercise will tempt some unwary woke hack into the NAAFI for a ritual violation.

bcsack

Old-Salt
The Forces represent the society they come from - there's bullying, victimisation & harassment all over society -
ergo bound to see it in the Forces - there'd be something odd if you didn't.
Bet that doesn't make it to the Grunaid !!

Whatever became of @mintymcginty - a Grauniad hack but well thought of on ARRSE once upon a time?

Hopefully this current exercise will tempt some unwary woke hack into the NAAFI for a ritual violation.
She became the food/restaurant critic for the Guardian, and now does more freelance stuff - food reviews, as well as other projects.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Let's all swamp the Grauniad site self identifying as BAME and all have positive stories of banging Aldershot slags, whores in Paderborn and generally being jack the lads.
Identifying as an ambulatory shrub is the way foward, chaps. Triffids are all sluts.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
She became the food/restaurant critic for the Guardian, and now does more freelance stuff - food reviews, as well as other projects.
Given the military/culinary cross-over, has she addressed the thorny topic of one sausage or two?

Kris Akabusi

He and I were at 22 sigs at the same time, in the same squadron. The only agro he got, that I heard about, was the usual good natured piss taking, and high jinks associated with any corps or formation. Me being Jewish, only 1 of 2 in the regiment, I also received some, on the whole, good natured ribbing. There is always a few knobends in every regiment, its part and parcel of army life. Back then, the vitriol and plain racist rants and physical abuse against minority service personal hardly existed. In all the 5 regiments I served in, I only had trouble in one, and that was from the same person. All Verbal. I had the nick name of " Super Jew" a label I wore with pride. I do know now, some years after my discharge, that some seniors in the squadron disliked me. but it never manifested itself openly.
I was never ever attacked, or threatened, and never had any reason to make a complaint against anybody, ever.

All this was 40 years ago.

When I started this thread I didn't expect you all to rush off to the Graun's website and post your experiences you little scamps :eek: ;-)

winston da gangaman has responded about his horrific treatment when he had to wear whiteface in training.

So I'm told

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Will be interested to see if they'd want to reference the BAME chap who got nicked for taking ammunition and selling it down Brixton.

Probably not.

Anyway, I've filled it out. Not being BAME, I for the purposes of this, identify as one as is my human right. :D

Because that will make a "better story". No other reason.
Surely disabled transgendered bisexual vegan autistic BAME would have made a better woke story

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Also interesting to note it asks if you think the service complaint system is fit for purpose. They almost assume you'll have made a complaint because BAME and thus be aware of the process. Knobbers.

What has your experience as a BAME person been like of the armed forces?*

Excellent, by joining the British Army, I was given the chance to meet people of all cultures, races, nations, political & religious beliefs...... & kill them.

Fixed foc. No need to thank me.

I wonder if they'll publish the comments from Theophilus P Wildebeast and 'The SCH'

Why don't the Guardian just ask what they really want to ask:

"Are you are darkie or a bit brown, or someone with a bit of a tan, If you've served in the armed forces or want to pretend you have, then let us know what your experience of serving was like, or what you would like to pretend it was like."

The reality is their experience was probably the same as everyone elses, unless they were cocks about being brown and complained constantly about "the white man". Then they were probably treated like they deserved.

The idea that anyone who is a bit brown only has anything negative happen to them because they are brown is retarded. In order for that to be true that would have to mean that brown people never do anything worthy of criticism, and don't run into the odd dick-head now and again.

Also does that mean if you get a really solid tan and then someone is a dick to you that you don't know you can call them waaaaysist?

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
I found the British Army to be far less racist than the normal UK population around the mid-Sixties. When I first travelled to the UK to join up, I had to wait around six months for all the paperwork. In that time I was routinely called a "Paddy bastard" and turned away from shops because: "We don't serve you Mick twäts" etc. Even the Old Bill in London were openly racist and even asked me what I was doing with "those n******s" when I was just walking along the street with my two mates from Grenada.

In the British Army, however, it was "equal opportunity racism". Or, to be more exact, it was "anywhere-elseism". They'd call me a "Paddy twät" (or worse), but others were called "Geordie twäts" or "Scouse twäts", "Taffy twäts", "Jock twäts", the list goes on. There was really no animosity involved, it was just squaddies being squaddies. And I never once experienced anyone rushing to the Razzman because they felt slighted in some way.

MsG

If her name is Marina McG . . . she is the food critic for the Sunday Times. Probably not the same person but the user/real name resonate.

Also interesting to note it asks if you think the service complaint system is fit for purpose. They almost assume you'll have made a complaint because BAME and thus be aware of the process. Knobbers.
It's the Guardian so they assume all honkeys are racist apart from Guardian employees and Guardian readers

Latest Threads